Chapter 33

After the little scene outside Rangi headed back to the room, growing quickly tired of the weight of the wet clothes. She hoped that Kyoshi would think the same thing. She however did not expect to run into her as she entered, literally.

Rangi stumbled back a second as they collided. Apparently she had been too lost in thought to see where she was walking, and Kyoshi... there was only a slim chance she was even aware of where she was standing.

"I don't understand how a 6 foot giant can be as stealthily as you manage" The firebender scoffed as she pushed into the room to get rid of the wet clothing. Kyoshi just shrugged as she followed her to a dresser, pulling out a tunic.

As Kyoshi pulled her old tunic off leaving her in wraps as it exposed the nasty looking healed-ish gash on her side. The stitching had held up just fine but the skin around it looked off to Rangi from a distance.

"Let me look at that for a second '' She said as she seemingly appeared at Kyoshi's side, trying to take a closer look at the wound. "Be my guest" Kyoshi replied not really paying much mind to what Rangi was so concerned about.

Rangi seemed to look at the healing gash for a moment. A couple of moments actually, so many that Kyoshi had asked Rangi if it was okay if she could lay down. Promising that Rangi could look at it until her heart gave out if she agreed.

"Does it still hurt?" She asked suddenly. Kyoshi's head perked up at the question, she was laying on her stomach, resting her head on her arms.

"I haven't really had the time to think about it too much." She admitted before laying her head back down.

Rangi frowned, not the answer she wanted to hear in a couple of ways. "Okay, well think about it now for a second."

"It's fine."Kyoshi mumbled. Rangi only shook her head as she stood once more.

"Okay yeah sure, I still think you should go back to Kenna just to have her look at it" The firebender suggested. Only it was really more of a demand.

Kyoshi didn't respond as she laid on top of the bed, Rangi knew that she had heard her but wasn't too thrilled about the lack of response.

"Come on, we'll grab something to eat before we head out" Rangi said as she grabbed onto Kyoshi's hand, squeezing it gently.

"You know you're pushy right?" Kyoshi asked as she rolled over.

"Well I didn't start being a bodyguard cause I was nice" Rangi shot back. Kyoshi only groaned as she pulled a pillow over her face.

"At least your hands are healing well" The firebender pointed out as she sat on the end of the bed. On top of the consistent planning, Kyoshi had been working on some healing skills. Such as healing burns by holding her hands in a bucket of water, so her hands were nearly healed.

The gash on her side however Kyoshi refused to try to heal, or speed up the healing process at all. She knew that the stitches were there to help, but it was still new. And she had no intention of messing with it.

"Yeah they have." Kyoshi finally answered.

"Alright then let's get moving, we'll get some food and then get out of here" Rangi repeated as she pulled Kyoshi upright.

Kyoshi should have known that Rangi had already prearranged the appointment to see Kenna again. Kenna looked hardly surprised to see them.

"I don't think it's anything really to be concerned about," Kenna said as she stepped back.

"You see I told you there was nothing wrong." Kyoshi whispered, as she retied her tunic.

"Okay well better safe than sorry" Rangi replied as she stood.