Chapter 17

"So then what information do you have to offer?" Rangi asked as the two continued to sit facing each other, Rangi with her arms crossed, while Wren's hands rested together on the table.

"It's about the attacks I believe you have been dealing with, setting buildings ablaze, breaking into place parties. Sound familiar?" Wren asked.

"Yes, it's an issue we have been dealing with for a while now," Rangi replied. "We found out it was the result of a small "spiritual group", but they have been inactive for a bit now" She continued.

"Is that it, just that small group?"

"So far, but we should be able to handle them shortly"

"You really think so?" She scoffed. "That's funny"

"And why is that?" Rangi demanded.

The firebender gave a questionable look to the scribe who began to scribble down notes. "It's not a small group to start, the one here sure. But the others, they won't be stopped so easily." Wren began.

"You know they have locations all over the four nations, I'm not sure where the main headquarters is though, maybe you'll be able to figure that out yourself." She continued.

"So what they have a lot of locations, why does that matter if they aren't even doing anything"

Wren gave a pitiful laugh, "Just because they didn't make themselves pubic like the group did here doesn't mean that they aren't doing anything"

Suddenly Rangi felt stupid, of course it wasn't that simple. When was anything ever that simple?

Wren began to explain the reasons for all the groups, they set out to find spiritual leaks, they weren't sure how they were created, only that the groups had been looking for some time. Hoping to connect more of their members to the spirits.

"So why are you telling me this anyways?"

"Why not?"

"No really this is like actually useful information and you're just handing it out. What's going to happen if they find out you have been spilling their secrets" Rangi asked.

"I don't think they cared to think that far, but figured I might as well put this information to use somewhere" Wren responded lazily.

"And how did you acquire it, exactly? You could be making this up for all I care." This information did prove to be useful, but Wren could just as easily be lying to her face. It wouldn't have come as a shock to her.

"Because I was a part of the group" Wren began to raise her voice.

Maybe she was telling the truth, Rangi contemplated. She wasn't expecting such an emotional response. "I was one the best water benders they had, my job was to help with spirit bending. But it turns out no ordinary bender can do it though. It requires way more power than I could ever hope to possess than anyone could really. Not that I really wanted to in the first place"

The firebender rolled her eyes, clearly she wanted to, Wren was probably just too prideful to admit it. " I mean linking your body to a portal, it's brutal. Nearly killed me when I gave it a go myself. But when I failed, and didn't want to try and link myself to a spirit after I was discarded like I was useless." She huffed.

Everything started to click in Rangi's head, a worried expression crashing her features. "There's nothing you could do about it?"

"It's pointless, doesn't matter who you are. It's out of anyone's control now. I tried to talk to him but he still wants his vision to be seen through properly, he wants his own portal to create the depth he needs. It doesn't matter what happens to the rest."