Chapter 27

The morning stayed quiet, and within the next 30 minutes after their conversation Kyoshi had fallen back asleep. Rangi untangled her arms and pulled her hair back up into her top knot before putting back on her armor.

Her head turned suddenly at a knock at the door. She recognized Kenna's voice as she entered with similar supplies as the day before.

"You stayed here all night?" She asked, setting down the supplies on the bed side table.

"Of course" Rangi said shortly as if it wasn't even a question, which it wasn't of course. Kenna nodded with a hum. "Of course," She repeated with a smile.

"So how is she?"

Rangi just stared blankly for a second, well that was a loaded fucking question. She thought to herself. Kyoshi had been physically doing good throughout the night. But that panic episode that she just went through. Should I mention it?

"She's been fine since last night, there was no more bleeding. She's just been sleeping." She finally found herself saying.

Kenna smiled again. "Oh well that's good, I probably won't do much more today, just change the dressings."

Rangi then walked over to Kyoshi's bedside, squeezing her shoulder lightly. "Kyoshi, Kenna just got here, she's just going to change the bandages. Does that sound good?"

Kyoshi opened her eyes barely for a moment, before nodding. "You're fine to start," Rangi called, beckoning Kenna over.
She watched from the foot    of Kyoshi's bed as Kenna started unwrapping Kyoshi's hands. She almost looked away at the sight of the severe blistering.

"These will heal no problem, I know it looks bad right now but they will get better each day"

"Thank you, and I know. She just has a habit of getting herself into these types of situations" Rangi explained.

"No I don't" Kyoshi mumbled, Rangi just laughed.

"Oh good you're up, would you mind sitting up for me?" Kenna asked.

"Rangi is lying by the way, I don't always end up like this" She mumbled as she pushed herself upwards.

"I'm not a liar, just look at her medical records from this place alone, and that's only a fraction of it" Rangi argued.

"Traitor" Kyoshi called as Kenna turned her back to toss the old dressings. Rangi just stuck out her tongue before Kenna turned back around.

"I figured you were the type, I found some of your records last night. Seems the last time you were here it was on the account of taking some serious smoke damage from a fire"

Rangi just snickered. "Oh I like her" she mouthed jokingly. "So when can I get out here? No offense you've been lovely, truly. But I'd like to be on my way soon" I've a lot of things I've got to fix.

"Soon, maybe another day or two. Really as soon as I'm sure that the side gash won't be opening again"

"That's... fair, thank you" Kyoshi replied, bowing her head slightly. "What should she be doing then in the meantime?" Rangi asked, getting up from the foot of the bed.

"Resting, she should probably eat something when she's hungry. Other than that, a healer will be in soon so hopefully speed up the process, I can stop by later if you like." Kenna offered as she began to undress the wound on Kyoshi's side.

"I would appreciate that" Kyoshi smiled as she looked over to Rangi who now wore a different expression. Shit I might be in trouble.

Kenna worked quickly as usual, and was out within a couple of minutes.