Chapter 12

Rain poured down outside the window on the living room they had fallen asleep in the night before. Both tangled in eachothers arms. Hei ran and smiled as she walked in, as she approached Kyoshi's head perked up.

"Something the matter?" Kyoshi asked quietly, shifting so she sort of sat up. "Not necessarily, no. It's just about the man from the group of attackers last night. They were going to begin the first round of interrogation."

"Okay I'll be ready in a minute, tell them I'll be there soon." Kyoshi replied, starting to untangle herself. "I would like to be there for the start of it all"

"And her '' Hei ran, gesturing to her daughter who was still passed out on the couch.''She should sleep a bit longer, I'll be gone for a little bit. Just let her know where I'm off to or I won't see tomorrow." Kyoshi said, laughing lightly.

"She must really trust you," Hei-Ran says softly. Kyoshi gave her a confused look. "She rarely sleeps so deeply"

Kyohsi rushed into the room next door to put on her chainmail armor following her basic green tunic. Reaching for her little containers of make up she started to apply it quickly, over time it had become nearly second nature.

They enter a cool room past the holding cells. Hei Ran tells Kyoshi what they had learned by now, which was basically nothing. They suspected an earth bending from his appearance. "He's a fire bender actually, and not a bad one at that" Kyoshi commented, recalling the wall of fire he was able to summon the night before.

"Noted"

She grabbed the cool steel handle, pausing a moment. No one was in danger, no one would get hurt. This was only a conversation, an exchange of words. Nothing more. Nothing was going to happen.

She pushed it forward to see the firebender restrained, with a higher ranking officer beside him.

"Wow, I'm truly honored. I mean to be interrogated by the Avatar herself. The others will be jealous. That is what is going on here I presume." He sneered.

"You seem different," Kyoshi said calmly. "Not so long ago you appeared to be a different man" the rasp, the second voice within his own had seemed to have left since the last time she had heard him speak.

"That's what a good night's sleep can do I guess" He shrugged.

"Right." Kyoshi said stiffly, taking a seat in front of him.

She began to ask him a list of questions to try and determine where this could have come. It had to have had an origin. From what he told her he was raised in the earth kingdom, claimed his mother was of fire nation descendants that's where his abilities came from. He also said he was new to the group so he didn't know much.

"What do I get out of this anyway?" He interrupted. "You're looking to earn something from getting caught causing chaos at an event held in the palace?" Kyoshi asked skeptically. "Might as well try, I could be useful for a price"

There was a loud bang on the door, Kyoshi turned her head to see Rangi standing in the doorway. A smile crossed her face.

"You're the one with the white fire" The man called, recognizing her from the night before. "Honestly I thought you were going to take me out last night with your blaze of hatred you had going on."

"He seems bright." Rangi commented as she walked into the room.

Rangi seemed to have more questions than Kyoshi could have thought of. She was soon taking the lead of the whole conversation. But he didn't seem to enjoy this new company.

"We know you know more than you're leading on." Kyoshi said standing up.

"Fine, you want details, I'll give you details. But this is a private conversation. You got that hot stuff?" He said glaring at Rangi. Kyoshi nodded, and she left the room taking the other guards with her. "If you try to pull anything your safety is not guaranteed." Rangi said before ducking out the door.