Chapter 2

When Rangi woke she was tangled in Kyoshi's grasp, gently lifting her arms she was able to make her graceful escape. But their conversation lingered in her mind, were things okay now? We're they okay now?

No this wasn't about them she told herself. This was about Yun.

The fire bender figured that she should wake up Kyoshi, she had more meetings with the council, Jinpa was already outside to escort her.

"Kyoshi..." She called. No response, she frowned. "Kyoshi, come on, it's time to get up" God I sound like my mother she thought. "Kyoshi for the love of Rava it's time to get up"

Kyoshi had heard her after maybe the second call, but she didn't want to get up. She didn't want to have to deal with the councilmen, and talk about how no more Yun problems will happen. She figured it was better to stay here in this dream-like state.

Rangi rolled her eyes, but then a vast grin crossed her face. She tried a different approach, she went up close, her lips almost touching Kyoshi's ear. "Horse stance"

Kyoshi nearly came flying out of bed landing on the ground with a loud thunk.

"Kidding..." Rangi laughed a mischievous smile across her face. Kyoshi slowly got up off the ground from where she had fallen. "Oh yeah, very funny" She tried to be serious, but she couldn't even pretend to be mad at her.

"I have to go, and you have more meetings," Rangi warned her as she pulled a jacket over her shoulders. "I know, I know"

"But if you need any help, I could do the meetings later..." Kyoshi suggested. Rangi shot her a dirty look. "Kidding, kidding..."

As Rangi turned to leave, Kyoshi took her by the waist kissing her forehead. "What was that for?"

"Just because"

Kyoshi watched as Rangi made her way back to the Healing hut. "Ahem" Jinpa called. "Punctual as always"

"Oh yeah sorry I was just-" Jinpa cut her off. "I don't need to hear it, let's just get going." She nodded and followed him back to the council room.

She felt like she was on trial, all these questions. About everything, every little detail. First they wanted her to explain how Yun was possessed by the spirit. Kyoshi, not knowing fully how it entirely happened, tried to answer to the best of her abilities. But it never seemed to be enough for them. No answer did.

"Does anybody have any concerns that don't involve Yun!" She yelled, slamming her fists on the table causing the whole room to shake. She had finally reached her limit. If some people weren't looking at her before they were now. "Avatar, do you have a problem with this matter, or better yet is there something you're trying to hide?" One of the men asked.

It felt like all the blood in her veins had turned to ice as the people continued to stare, wanting an answer. " I don't have a problem with this matter," She said, finally taking a deep breath. "But this matter is more personal to me"

More than half the room gave her a confused look, while others looked like they were filled with rage. "Why is this matter so personal?!" One of them yelled.

"I thought the Avatar was supposed to be the connection between the spirit and the human realms, not having any biased opinions" Another one complained.

"I'm not biased," Kyoshi defended, her fans being ready to be drawn. "Well then what would you call this?"

She looked down, taking slow breaths like Rangi had taught her. "Look this is a very fresh event, it takes time to process it all" She tried to explain.

"Why do you women always bring your drama along with you, you're saying that you can't answer some questions because of some personal matter." They had locked gazes. Neither one of them moved.