Chapter 18

Two days had passed since Kyoshi had sunk herself into the underground club room of the "spiritual group". She hadn't left the small base, she spent most of her time in meetings, not really saying much of anything.

Though she still felt the angry looks that were being fed to her by certain members who seemed to take a strong disliking to her. The past two days Kyoshi has been sitting in on different meetings none of which were particularly helpful. Mostly just bickering.

She had been staying in a small dirt room that reminded much of her room at the mansion back when was a servant. God, that felt like a whole lifetime ago.

Kyoshi sat on a cushion on the far side of the room as the meeting dragged on when a topic that finally concerns her interests came into play. "So when is our guest here going to become a member? She just can't keep sitting in on meetings like this. None of us could before we proved our membership." A man called out. Kyoshi's ears perked up, curious what was finally going to happen, and how she could include this with meeting Rangi at the meeting point.

"I still don't see why she has to become a member" A woman called back. She turned to see where the comment had come from. The woman looked to be not all that older than Kyoshi was, she would guess she was from the earth kingdom with her hair and eye color.

"I mean she murdered Yun, the person who made all your ideas even possible. Why the hell do we have to accept her"

The room went silent. "There is no reason to, she'll probably just try to kill us all-"

The woman suddenly went silent, frozen in her place. Kyoshi tried to look closer at the woman's expression but it seemed to have gone blank. Then she collapsed, no one dared to help. Instead Kyoshis's gaze wandered to the man in charge, who almost appeared to be smirking at the situation.

Within a moment she regained consciousness, it was then that Kyoshi could sense it, there was a spirit of sorts in the room. She sat on that feeling a bit longer as she watched then turned to see the woman leave the room without another word.

The buzzing feeling that a spirit was here had been there for a while. It was just in that moment that it seemed to come to surface.

"Anyone else?" He called walking into the center of the room, adjusting his mask slightly. "Good. As for the addition of our new member, typically she would have to find a spirit herself, but it appears we are in a time crunch here. So it might not be the most beneficial"

"She is the Avatar after all, surely she could complete the task in a shorter frame."

The man tilted his head, seeming to be considering it. "Perhaps, are there any other ideas though, the sooner we get this moving along the sooner we can get back to work"

Kyoshi found this as the moment she had been waiting for.

"Can I suggest something?" She found herself saying as she stood from her corner that she had been seemingly waiting in. The man nodded, okay with her interruption.

"All previous members had to find a spirit, lingering on this side correct"

There was a consensual nod among everyone. "You are right, finding a spirit just lingering around would be quite time consuming, not that I would be opposed to the challenge. But how about this? I can take the man of your choosing across to the spirit world for themselves. And if a spirit comes too, well then that's up to them"

"That would certainly prove the connection," A man muttered. "Do you think I could come?' Another asked. Suddenly the room was buzzing with questions on the Avatar's proposal.

"That is quite the proposal" He cooed. " Far more elaborate than any member has performed in the past." She's pretty sure she saw a couple of people roll their eyes at his comment.