Chapter 3: Crush?

"After you told me I'm an idiot, you're going to steal my food now?"

---

"Oh, my gosh! What happened to you?" Kiko exclaimed as soon as she saw Nozomi enter their house. Her eyes immediately found the Band-Aids on her twin's knee.

"I just tripped," Nozomi replied to her twin. She put the white plastic bag on the coffee table in the living room and sat down on the sofa with a sigh.

"You tripped?" Kiko repeated. Nozomi tiredly looked at her and nodded as she took out Kiko's snack request which is Pocky. She threw it at her sister and Kiko immediately caught it. "Geez, how clumsy are you?"

Nozomi rolled her eyes in annoyance and didn't say anything. Kiko sat down beside her as she still checked the bruise on Nozomi's knee.

"Peel off the band-aids and wash it. Then we'll put some disinfectant," Kiko tells her twin. Nozomi frowned as she eyed her sister. "Come on. We're treating it."

The younger girl grumbled but nevertheless stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

Kiko wondered how her twin would trip while buying some snacks. She knew Nozomi was a bit of a klutz but not to this extent. Plus, the girl doesn't like the sight of blood so how did she manage to put some Band-Aids on that wound?

The older twin nodded as she thought of the possible scenarios that happened earlier to her sister. It's either someone helped her or the girl just put the Band-Aids without looking at the bruised knee.

Kiko's train of thought stopped when she heard the front door open. She stood up from her seat and peeked at the entrance only to see her older brother taking off his shoes and walking in her direction.

"Okairi, onii-chan," Kiko welcomed her brother.

"Ah, tadaima," Yuken lazily grumbled and plopped himself on the sofa. Kiko raised a brow but sat down beside him.

Then, Nozomi came out of the bathroom and was a bit surprised to see her brother home.

"Zomi, sit down here," Kiko told her as she gestured for the younger twin to sit down on the one-seater sofa on her right side. Nozomi sat down on the said sofa while Kiko stood up and grabbed the first-aid kit in the kitchen.

"The hell happened to that?" Yuken asked as he noticed her knee.

"I tripped," Nozomi simply said. Yuken raised a brow in confusion but decided to let it go when he noticed that the girl is actually telling the truth.