Chapter 5: Old Friend

"There was this one time when we thought she didn't chase us. We were relieved but turns out she was just right behind us and kicked Kazuto on the back." 

---

Kiko, Fujio, and Kazuto found themselves at the foot of the shrine. Kiko sat down on one of the steps of stairs as she tried to catch her breath. The two males did the same as they sat down on both of her sides.

"She's still scary!" Kazuto exclaimed as he breathed out. He looked to his left and right and sighed in relief as he didn't find the younger Odajima twin.

"She didn't even chase us," Fujio pointed out as he thought it was a waste of energy to run like that.

"There was this one time when we thought she didn't chase us. We were relieved but turns out she was just right behind us and kicked Kazuto on the back," Kiko said with a laugh and pointed to Kazu. "He cried!"

"For your information, her kick sent me flying a few inches away. I think she even broke a rib of mine!" Kazuto defended but Kiko just laughed at him while Fujio looked at the girl as if she was insane.

"The twins are the real spawn of the devil, I'm telling you," Kazuto told Fujio in all seriousness.

The Oya High student looked at him in amusement as he realized how much he put up with the twins ever since he knew them. He must have been through a lot of trouble.

"Anyway, I'm going home. I'll just take a shortcut," Kazuto announced as Kiko stopped laughing.

"Be careful on your way," Kiko reminded.

"Nice meeting you, Hanaoka-kun," Kazuto nodded in his direction.

"Likewise, Sawada," Fujio said with a grin. As soon as Kazuto left, the duo was met in comfortable silence.

"I still can't believe Nozomi and Tsukasa are dating," Fujio muttered as he broke the silence that surrounds them.

"Me, too. I thought they will take longer to realize each other's feelings. Guess they're smarter than I thought they would be," Kiko sighed as she looked up at the sky. It's already dark and stars are filling up the sky.

"Oh!" Fujio clapped his hands making Kiko flinch in surprise.

"What?"