Chapter 8: Responsibilities

"Maybe it shouldn't have been me

"Maybe it shouldn't have been me... Oya High's leader,"

---

       Nozomi opened her eyes as she heard voices calling out her name. When she was fully awake, she was met by Motoaki and Jamuo's faces, frowning in worry.

"Are you okay?" Jamuo questioned. The girl didn't reply as she groaned and tried to stand up. The two males immediately helped her up, holding her arms for support.

"I think you hit your head," Motoaki said as he gently put a hand on the back of the girl's head, earning a pained groan.

"Yeah," she muttered.

Nozomi frowned as she tried to remember what happened a few minutes ago. The parking lot was now empty, only the three of them were there.

Senomon, Kama High, and Ebara students weren't there anymore.

Even Tsukasa was gone.

Nozomi shut her eyes closed, letting out a sigh. She can feel her knuckles shaking in anger and the two males noticed her frustration.

"We should join the others and regroup," Jamuo spoke, already knowing what happened to her and Tsukasa.

The girl pressed her lips into a thin line, shaking her head as she stare at him, "I'm sorry."

"No, no," Jamuo softly said, "You have nothing to apologize for, Nozomi."

The trio got to the pool area of Oya High. Yasushi, Nakaoka, and some students were already there. Jamuo helped Nozomi to sit down on the old sofa as the others talked about what happened to them.

They were still waiting for Fujio and Kiko. However, after a minute, the couple appeared.

"Fujio-san!" Jamuo exclaimed as the said male entered the area with Kiko.

Fujio turned to Jamuo, "Oh, you okay?"

The male with punch-permed hair nodded, "Thanks to Motoaki."

Kiko glanced at her sister who was sitting down beside Motoaki with her head hung low and her eyes closed.

"What about Tsukasa?" Fujio questioned.

They all went silent as all eyes turned on Nozomi. The girl looked up, meeting Fujio's gaze. She bit her lower lip and shook her head, groaning inwardly when she could feel the pain in her head.

"Are you okay?" Kiko immediately went to her sister's side, frowning in worry.

"She hit her head," Motoaki replied, looking at the older twin, "We found her unconscious by the parking lot. She was alone."