Chapter 17: Down Bad

"Call it a punishment for making me worry to no end

"Call it a punishment for making me worry to no end. Do you know how troublesome you are?"

---

         Only the calming sea waves can be heard between the two in a few minutes.

The sound of the sea was relaxing but for Kiko, she was agitated as she stood beside Fujio.

She doesn't know how to begin the monologue she had built in her mind. The girl looked down on her feet, her fingers tapping on the side of her leg.

Fujio glanced at her, waiting for what she had to say. He knew she needed to speak first and he's patiently waiting for that.

This was the first time he was seeing her getting so nervous over an argument. She knew she was wrong and that's why she was having difficulty apologizing.

"Fujio..."

The said male turned to her as she looked up to meet his gaze. Fujio can see her biting the bottom of her lip to stop it from trembling, her hands clasping tightly and her brown eyes glowing in the afternoon sun.

"I'm..." she let out a sigh before continuing, "I know I did wrong."

She carefully scans his expression. There was nothing. He was just waiting for her, knowing that she wasn't finished yet.

"I didn't think for myself and even for my sister, Nozomi."

"I was wrong and I'm sorry... for worrying you," Kiko finally said and looked at the male like she was a kicked puppy.

Fujio finally gave in, letting out a sigh and running his hand through his hair.

"At least you know why I was frustrated. And, I'm sorry for shouting at you," he said, smiling softly at the girl.

Kiko nodded, smiling back, "However, I don't regret helping that girl and I'm not going to apologize for that. I couldn't ignore her like everyone else."

The male grinned, chuckling, "Of course, you didn't. That's one of the reasons why I like you."

She widened her eyes in shock, blushing, "What?"

"You have such a caring personality, Kiko," Fujio told her. He approached her, standing a few centimeters away with each other.

"R-Really?" she stuttered, avoiding his gaze.

He inched closer on her face, smirking as he saw how flustered the girl was.

"Yeah," he whispered and put his finger on her chin to make her look at him.

Kiko bit the bottom of her lip, her heart beating faster, and her stomach was flipping in a good way.

If it was any other guy, they would've had a broken nose from her. However, this was Fujio, her boyfriend.