Chapter 4: Rival Schools

"I saw some guys from Senomon over there

"I saw some guys from Senomon over there."

---

Nozomi smiled as she approached the blonde male. Tsukasa turned, taking notice of the girl and he immediately smiled.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

"Free period," she simply replied, "And I'm supposed to meet Kiko. She said she was with Fujio."

The male nodded as he gently took her hand and they walked together towards Oya High. She still couldn't help to feel giddy whenever they held hands or whenever Tsukasa smiled at her.

Only he can do that to her and Nozomi wouldn't trade it for anything.

He frowned when he felt something in her hand and saw band-aids on her index and ring fingers, "What happened?"

Nozomi turned to him in confusion but quickly realized what he was saying, "Oh, that? I was baking last night. I got little burns but it's fine now."

Tsukasa hummed as he nodded, "What were you baking?"

"Cookies," she mumbled but the blonde heard it as he smiled.

"Huh," he breathed as he rubbed his thumb at the back of her hand, "How was it?"

"A disaster," Nozomi stated and groaned, shaking her head.

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad," the male tried to encourage her but she scrunched up her nose and laughed.

"It was a disaster, really," she replied, smiling sheepishly, "I fell asleep and didn't notice it was time to take it out. And I think I used too much flour so the cookies felt like a rock now."

Tsukasa tried to comfort the girl but to no avail. Nozomi noticed him trying to conceal his smile.

"You're laughing," she stated.

"I wasn't," he shook his head as he pressed his lips into a thin line.

"It's okay, you can laugh," Nozomi told him.

The male stifled a chuckle and quickly covered his mouth to stop it.

"I wasn't laughing at your skills, I swear!" Tsukasa grinned at her when he noticed her pouting, "You're just too cute."

Nozomi felt her cheeks heating up at the word. She turned to him with a frown, trying to keep herself from smiling.

"What?" she squeaked, her voice sounding higher than usual.

"I mean when you were telling me about it," he said and chuckled.

Nozomi was about to reply when they noticed some guys standing in front of them. Instinctively, Tsukasa put an arm in front of her and nudged the girl to stay close behind him.