Chapter 3: Smile

"What the hell is wrong with her? It's creeping me out. She's been like that since this morning!"

---

"Okay," Nozomi replied. Tsukasa looked at her in surprise.

"Really?"

"Y-Yes," she stuttered. Tsukasa suddenly laughed making Nozomi embarrassed.

"W-Were you just joking? Oh my god, and I said yes?!" Nozomi rambled and was about to turn around when Tsukasa place his hands on her shoulders.

"No, I'm not joking," he said with a smile on his face.

"T-Then w-w-what's funny?"

"I just thought you would punch me instead of saying yes," Tsukasa explained. Nozomi looked at him in bewilderment.

"Why would I punch you?" she asked in complete disbelief.

"Because I asked if I can kiss you?"

"I wouldn't punch you, I mean, I like you!" Nozomi's eyes widened as she stared at Tsukasa who wore the same expression as her.

"You like me? Not just as friends, right?" he asked with caution.

Nozomi whimpered as she mumbled incoherent words. She covered her mouth with her hand to stop her from muttering a new language. She breathed a heavy sigh as she looked up at Tsukasa.

"Well, screw it, it's already out anyway." Nozomi groaned and looked at Tsukasa with sincerity. "Yes, I like you. Not just as friends. But more than that."

Tsukasa looked at her for a while as Nozomi tore her gaze away from him.

"And I hope the ground can just eat me right now," she whispered to herself.

"I actually like you, too." Nozomi turned her head towards the blonde when he spoke. "Not just as friends but more than that."

"Well, this just got interesting," Nozomi muttered as Tsukasa lightly chuckle.

"I've been waiting to tell that to you and you beat me to it," Tsukasa said. Nozomi grinned widely and tried to hide her blushing face.

"You could have just told me that earlier instead of asking permission to kiss me," Nozomi told him as she gave him a teasing grin.