Chapter 15: I Can Handle Myself

“Of course, my ass!”

“Of course, my ass!

----

       After planning and inviting the other guys to go have some fun at the beach, the day has finally come.

Kiko and Fujio grinned and immediately dropped their bags, running into the sand. Nozomi watched her sister going around the beach as she picked up her bag with a sigh. Tsukasa did the same, picking up Fujio’s bag.

“What a bunch of kids. Right, Kiyoshi?” Yasushi scoffed and turned to the blonde mohawk but he was nowhere to be found.

Todoroki, who was standing beside him, tapped him on his shoulder. When he gained Yasushi’s attention, he pointed his index finger in Kiyoshi's direction.

He was also running by the beach and yelling happily.

Yasushi gave his friend a blank look as the rest of them went to their rented gazebo.

“Nozomi!” the said girl turned to her twin sister, “Let’s collect seashells!”

“Oh, okay?” Nozomi replied and glanced at Tsukasa who only smiled at her and shrugged.

Kiko didn’t waste any time as she pulled her sister with her to collect shells in the sand.

On the other hand, the Oya High boys began changing into their swimwear. Housen students were also invited by the twins but they were in different gazebo and Sachio wasn't able to join them.

Yuken was focused on his phone, tapping messages in a hurry. Shidaken noticed his friend’s unusual behavior and approached him outside their gazebo.

“What’s up with you, man?” he asked, causing Yuken to turn to him.

“Nothing,” he immediately said, “I was waiting for someone.”

“Oh, is that the girl you were talking about?” Shidaken asked, recalling how he blabbered nonstop about a certain girl he met a month ago.

Yuken smirked, tapping his friend on the shoulder, “Yeah, I invited her today.”

“Do you think she’ll go?”

“Maybe,” he shrugged, smiling.

“Are you guys dating?”

“No.”

“Does she know you like her?”

“I guess?”

“Dude,” Shidaken put a hand on Yuken’s shoulder, patting him twice before leaving him.

Yuken frowned in confusion but didn’t say anything as he turned to see his sisters, crouching down on the sand and looking for shells. 

Even Yui, Sachio’s sister, joined them and Madoka, who were also invited by the twins. They also went to pick sea shells with the twins.