Chapter 12: Can't lie

"Damn, you two will be the cause of my early death

"Damn, you two will be the cause of my early death."

---

"Wow, you looked awful," Kiko commented as soon as they entered their house. They found Yuken sitting on the sofa in the living room with dirt and bruises on his face.

Yuken raised a brow at the twins, "Where have you two been?"

"At school...?" Nozomi said unsure of what to answer.

"You two didn't go to school," their brother stated. "I went there earlier."

The twins looked at each other and then down at their feet. They were about to turn and walked toward their bedroom when Yuken slammed his hand on the coffee table.

"Stay here, you brats," he told them. The two girls turned back to him and looked down at their feet.

Like they said, if Kidra will not have their heads, they sure as hell their older brother will.

"Where have you been? I want the truth, you can't lie to me," Yuken questioned as he eyed the twins.

Kiko and Nozomi looked at him with a wince as they thought of a lie. However, with their older brother's eyes staring at them like a hawk, they have to tell the truth and the truth only.

"We went to Oya High," Nozomi finally said. Yuken frowned as he shifted his attention to her.

"What did the two of you do there?"

"We were trying to persuade them to not fight you guys," Kiko sighed as she remembered what happened earlier.

"Guess it didn't work, huh?" the older male said as he crossed his arms over his chest. His gaze kept on looking back and forth at the twins.

"Clearly," Nozomi replied.

"What happened after you went there?"

"We left."

"Where did you go?"

"Window shopping," Kiko simply answered. Yuken looked at her in confusion.

"Where?" The twins looked toward one another as they started to tense up. Nozomi nodded to her twin and Kiko nodded back at her as if telling each other who will tell their older brother where did they go.

Nozomi sighed in defeat as she felt a bit responsible for what happened.

"We were... strolling," the younger twin muttered quietly but Yuken heard her clearly. "We found ourselves at Hope Hill."

"Hope Hill?" Yuken questioned in confusion. He scanned the two from head to toe and his gaze stopped at their hands. "Did you guys fight?"