Chapter 9: Need Someone

"Hey, do you think we're becoming much more stupid when we're together?"

----

"You said you'll meet Jamuo here, right?" Nozomi questioned as she and Tsukasa went up to the shrine. 

"Yeah, he said he's here," Tsukasa said.

The blonde decided to pick up Nozomi at the school along with Fujio. They got split with Fujio and Kiko because the duo decided to eat and will catch up to them later. Jamuo told them to meet him at the shrine but they were a bit late since Tsukasa's mother called him for an errand.

In which, Nozomi finally meets his mother. The older woman was nice and even invited her for dinner but Nozomi refused since they are still meeting the others. 

Now, Nozomi wondered when she will tell her family that she was actually dating someone. Especially, to her brother who is already familiar with the blonde. 

"Where is he, then?" Nozomi muttered. Suddenly, the shrine felt eerie as there are no people around and it was quiet. 

Tsukasa looked around and called for his name. "Sorry, Jamuo. My mother called for me."

No one answered so they walked further inside the area. 

"Jamuo?" Nozomi called. The couple looked at each other with concern. The girl gasped as she saw someone lying on the ground.

"Oi?" Tsukasa muttered as he ran towards the male. Nozomi followed behind him. 

Tsukasa looked at the unconscious Jamuo and saw blood pouring down from his head. Nozomi looked at him with wide eyes filled with worry. 

---

Before meeting Tsukasa and Nozomi down the shrine, Kiko and Fujio decided to go eat okonomiyaki. Right after that, Fujio decided to visit Seiji for a bit in which Kiko accompanied him. 

"What the hell did you buy?" Kiko questioned as she looked at what was Fujio holding. 

"I don't know, it looked awesome," Fujio answered as he looked at the bundle of snacks with a smile.

"You're really stupid," the girl flatly stated as she looked at him with a blank look. Fujio turned to glare at her.

"Speak for yourself," he retorted. Kiko looked at him with a gasped.