Chapter 4 - The Burrow

When Dumbledore raises his wand, instantly, the grandfather clock resumes its rightful place. Shattered lanterns re-ignite and the blood on the ceiling evaporates. The piano keys tumble back into place with a pleasant musical run and the pictures on the walls straighten. The chandelier gets into place but a small piece of the chandelier squirms under Harry's shoe. As he removes his shoe, the final piece positions itself in its rightful place.

"That was fun. May I use the loo?" Dumbledore says and heads down the hall, leaving Y/N and Harry with the strange man.

"Don't think I don't know why you're here, Albus! The answer is still no! Absolutely, unequivocally no!" Slughorn calls after but Dumbledore doesn't respond. Slughorn glances at Harry and Y/N who stand awkwardly. The silence is palpable then slughorn looks to Harry "You look very like your father. Except for your eyes. You've got-"

"My mother's eyes, yeah." Harry finishes

Slughorn smiles softly "Lovely Lily. She was exceedingly bright, your mother. Even more impressive when one considers she was Muggle-born."

Y/N perks up at the comment "My girlfriend is Muggle-born. She's the best in our year."

"Oh, but you mustn't think I'm prejudiced! No! Lily was one of my absolute favourites! Look, there she is. Right up front." Slughorn waves to a dresser crowded with photographs. The two teenagers look at the photos with Harry looking at the one with his mother whilst Y/N looking through all the rest "All mine, each and every one. Ex-students, I mean. You recognize Barnubas Cuffe, of course, editor of the Daily Prophet. Always takes my owl should I want to register my opinion on the news of the day. And there's Ambrosius Flume of Honeydukes. Sends a hamper of chocolate to the house each birthday. That is, when I had a house. And Gwenog Jones, captain of the Holyhead Harpies; free tickets whenever I want them. Of course, I haven't been to a match in some time"

Y/N steps forward and takes a picture of one particular boy who resembles, Sirius. Seeing the Ravenclaw and Harry distracted, Slughorn studies them intently, like a rare object. "The boy here, thats Regulus Black, my uncle," Y/N says and Slughorn smiles

"Ah yes. Regulus Black. I'm sorry to hear about your father Y/N, my condolences"

"Thank you" Y/N replies 

"I taught the whole Black family except Sirius. Shame. Talented boy. I got Regulus when he came along, of course, but I'd have liked the set" Slughorn says "But I've to herd you're just as famous as Harry nowadays Y/N, the Triwizard champion and the last of the Black family line"

Y/N frowns at that and turns to speak but before she does Dumbledore enters the room "Mind if I take this? I do love knitting patterns." he says

Slughorn blinks and looks away from Y/N and Harry to find Dumbledore standing there, clutching a muggle magazine. "Of course. But you're not leaving now are you?" Slughorn asks and Dumbledore sighs

"I think I know a lost cause when I see one. Regrettable. I would have considered it a personal triumph had you consented to return to Hogwarts, Horace. You are, like my friends Mr Potter and Miss Black; one of a kind." Dumbledore says and the three of them exit the house. The headmaster hums placidly as he and Harry make their way down the walk. Seconds later, the front door swings open.

"All right! I'll do it. But I'll be wanting Professor Merrythought's old office, not that water closet I had formerly. And I expect a raise! These are mad times we live in! Mad!" Sluhorn calls after and Dumbledore smiles

"Indeed they are." he says and continues to walk with Y/N and Harry following behind. The headmaster leads them back toward the Village Square.

"Sir, exactly what was that all-" Harry starts