Chapter 10 - Hufflepuff Party Pt.2

McLaggen smugly grabs a bottle of cheap beer and opens, it taking a large sip. Y/N grimaces but doesn't say anything. "Say, you and Granger are a thing yeah"

"Yeah," Y/N says sternly not liking the direction this conversation is going.

"It's a shame really," McLaggen starts looking over at Y/N's friend group particularly and a certain Gryffindor girl. "bet I could change her mind, getting her quote on quote 'thinking straight' again"

"Are you fucking serious" Y/N says, her blood boiling at the boy's comment "she's Bi. Hermione could've chosen anyone in this room and I'm lucky enough she chose me and even if she wasn't my girlfriend, she would go out with a guy like you"

"Are you sure about that" McLaggen states smugly and Y/N looks at him furiously moulding her hand into a tight fist.

"Hey is everything alright" Jorden says as he walks over to the drinks station and grabs two of the cheap beers and opens them. Y/N looks at him and he nods hoping to give the Ravenclaw some backup.

"It's alright Jord's" Y/N says "McLaggen is just being a homophobic asshole"

"Woah, woah I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that" McLaggen says putting his hands up in the air and Y/N just rolls her eyes "but since granger is taken, is Florence available"

"You must be joking," Y/N says and Jorden gently grabs Y/N's arm stopping her from lunging at the boy

"What, I'm just saying she's insanely hot." McLaggen says "Also rumour has it she's easy-"

"I think you should leave before you finish that sentence" Y/N warns and McLaggen scoffs

"Oh come on, you can't sit here and tell me that Ravens over there isn't a slut-"

Whack! Suddenly McLaggen stumbles back and clutches his jaw. This time it wasn't Y/N who threw the punch, it was Jorden. Some of the party goer's close to them stop and stare but everyone else seems to be oblivious to what happened.

"How dare you talk about my best friend like that you fucking twat" Jorden says angrily at McLaggen and Y/N stands beside him with an equal murderous look in her eye "you disrespect our friends, you disrespect us"

Y/N steps forward and grabs the collar of his shirt forcefully "If you ever talk to Florence or my girlfriend again, Jorden and I won't hesitate to beat your ass and stupefy you out of existence. You got that bitch boy"

Y/N lets go of his shirt and McLaggen glares murderously at the pair before sculling the rest of his beer and slamming it on the table "Whatever faggots"

McLaggen walks out of the Hufflepuff common room and Y/N and Jorden watch making sure he has fully left. When he does, Jorden and Y/N relax. Jorden takes a deep breath and a sip of his beer and the Ravenclaw places a comforting hand on the Hufflepuffs shoulder.

"Fucking jerk" Jorden mutters and Y/N nods

"Yeah," Y/N says "hey about what he called us-"

"It's alright Y/N," Jorden says with a small smile on his lips "I'm not hurt or ashamed by what he called us. It's him who's the problem, not us"

Y/N smiles and is proud of Jorden for not being ashamed of himself like what Y/N and Callan experienced when they first came out. "But still it doesn't make it right. Are you sure your alright"

"I'm fine Y/N," Jorden says with his cheery smile that can put anyone at ease "what about you"

"It ain't the first slur I've been called, but I'm fine" Y/N says and Jorden nods "Nice punch by the way. I wasn't expecting it"