Chapter 30 - The Granger's

The Hogwarts Express chugs through the snowy countryside. Y/N sits close to Hermione, resting against her as they make the journey back home for winter break. The Ravenclaw's arm is now bandage-free as she went straight to Madam Pomphry to get it off and she couldn't be more relieved. Jorden and Cal sit by each other opposite the other couple whilst Ron leans back into the chair taking up majority of the room while Flo keeps to herself ignoring the Weasley boy's actions. Harry sits on the other side of Y/N, flicking through the Half-Blood Prince's potions book.

Hermione reads a copy the latest daily prophet and Y/N glances over a few times, only getting glimpses of the grim news.

"Another muggle family missing" Y/N says and Hermione nods and readjusts herself so her girlfriend can get a closer look.

"A family in Liverpool" Hermione says "they've been missing for a few days"

"I have a feeling this is only going to get worse" Y/N says and they both stare at the picture of the family smiling together.

"Unbreakable Vow. You're sure that's what Snape said." Cal questions at Harry and the boy nods

"Positive. Why?" the raven-haired boy asks

"It's just, well, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow," Ron says and Harry rolls his eyes

"I'd worked that much out for myself, funnily enough," Harry replies and the Slytherin boy sighs

"No Harry you don't understand-" Cal says

"Oh, bloody hell," Ron says with a sigh as he looks out the doors

Lavender stands outside the compartment door. Fogging the glass with her breath, she etches 'Ron + Lav' and encircles it with a heart, mimes "I miss you," and exits with a pout.

"Lovely," Jorden says sarcastically and Flo sighs just trying to ignore both Ron and Lavender. It seems that everyone notices how uncomfortable Flo is, all except Ron. Y/N turns to Hermione

"We're not that bad are we," Y/N asks softly and Hermione chuckles

"Nowhere near darling," Hermione says "if you ever did what Lavender did to me, I'd punch you"

Y/N laughs "I'd allow you to"

"All she wants to do is snog me." Ron says "My lips are getting chapped. Look."

"I'll take your word for it," Harry says punching Ron back into his seat. Just then, Flo gets up from her seat and opens the cabin doors.

"I'm going to find Luna," the Ravenclaw says and turns back to the group "I'll see you all at the station"

The others mumble their goodbyes as Flo leaves and everyone turns to Ron. "What" the Weasley boy says

Y/N sits up "alright I'm just going to bloody say it"

"Y/N" Cal warns but the Ravenclaw girl doesn't listen

"Flo likes you Ronald" Y/N says "she's had a crush on you all year and if you bloody well opened your eyes you would've noticed"

Ron's eyes go wide with shock "oh"

"Yeah oh," Y/N says "all I'm going to say is get your act together Ronald Bilius Weasley"

"Okay, okay" Ron replies "I'm sorry alright. Its just now everything is so complicated now"

"Indeed," Hermione says frowning at her girlfriend but Y/N ignores it

"Okay, I've finished now," Y/N says and leans back against Hermione once more, who wraps her arms around her.

"So anyways" Jorden says cutting the tension in the room "the unbreakable vow"