Chapter 34 - Lupin

Y/N continues to fly on her broom as the sun begins the set. She knows that shouldn't have acted the way she did towards her aunt, but she was so angry and so afraid of what might happened that she acted impulsively. Through a clearing of trees, the Ravenclaw spots the quaint cottage with smoke billowing out of the chimney indicating someone is home.

Y/N gets off her broom and approaches the home. She knocks on the door and it's not long before Lupin opens the door looking rather confused by the Ravenclaw's presence.

"Y/N" Lupin says "what are you-"

"Can I stay here" Y/N quickly says "please"

Lupin sighs and opens the door wider "Come in"

Y/N smiles and enters the lovely cottage, Lupin bought this place after leaving the defence against the dark arts position at Hogwarts. The cottage suited him. The Ravenclaw sat down on the couch in the living room which had many books in various piles around the place. Lupin comes back into the room with a cup of tea in hand and places it in front of Y/N who smiles gratefully.

"Thanks" Y/N replies as she takes a sip "where's Tonks"

"Auror business" Remus says and the Ravenclaw girl just nods. "Does your aunt know here"

"No" she says quietly

Lupin sighs and Y/N can tell that he's disappointed. "Y/N it's dangerous-"

"I know" the Ravenclaw cuts off "I know. I just couldn't stay there anymore. My aunt kicked me out"

"What happened" Lupin asks and Y/N sighs

"This letter came for me" she says handing Remus the letter and he reads it carefully. Y/N sips her tea as Lupin reads quietly. He hands the letter back the Ravenclaw girl, his eyes sympathetic.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry" He says and Y/N just nods

"My aunt tried to break the news to me gently" Y/N starts "and of course that didn't go as planned and I sort of lashed out. I said some things that really hurt her Remus, then she told me to leave"

"Regardless about what was said, Monica wouldn't have wanted you to leave" Lupin says "she was just upset"

"I know" Y/N says "but Remus I made quite a scene, like a really bad scene"

"You're father did the same" Remus says "he was a bit of a drama queen back in the day"

A small smile forms on her lips but it quickly fades "yeah well it seems like I've got my father's bad luck too" Y/N replies and Remus can't seem to find the right words to say "It's the way the world is. They'll never trust a Black"

"You're not going to Azkaban, not if I or your aunt or even Dumbledore are around" Lupin finally says

"Even if that is the case they'll still never trust me" Y/N replies "they hear the last name Black they think guilty. That's how the ministry works with there messed up system"

"I know more than anyone how messed up the system is" Remus says "being a werewolf is just as difficult as having the last name Black"

"Yeah" Y/N says "I'm guessing you've heard about Jorden"

Lupin nods "I saw him this morning, to see how's he's holding up and give my support"

"How is he" Y/N asks

"He's recovering well" Remus says "but still coming to terms with lycanthropy news. I think todays talk helped"

Y/N just nods and the two sit in comfortable silence. "I wish I was normal" the Ravenclaw finally says "I never wanted any of this"