Chapter 19 - Birthday girl

Hermione slowly starts to wake up due to the morning light shining through a small gap in the curtain's. She gently shifts around in her bed in hopes of finding a certain Ravenclaw girl next to her, only to her surprise to find that space empty.

The Gryffindor then opens her eyes and looks around to find an empty space next to her. She sighs, a bit saddened by the thought of Y/N not being here. Y/N did remind her that she had a late quidditch practice yesterday with the team and told her that she would stay in her dorm tonight, much to the Gryffindor's disappointment.

However, as Hermione starts to fully awaken, she notices a very large bouquet of flowers next to her side of the bed. The bouquet had a mix of light pink roses and other beautiful flowers weaved between. The bouquet was tied with a light pink bow matching the colour of the flowers but what caught Hermione's eye the most was a note on the nightstand.

To the birthday girl

From your lovable dork xx

Hermione can't help but smile at the small gesture. It still amazes her how thoughtful her girlfriend always is. The Gryffindor grins stupidly in her room like a kid in a candy shop but she doesn't seem to care and smells the beautiful flowers before getting up to get ready for a day of classes.

---------------------------------------------—————

"Happy birthday Hermione," Flo says and hugs the Gryffindor girl tightly as Hermioneenters the great hall.

"Thanks Flo" Hermione replies sweetly and the others stand with smiles on their faces as they hug the birthday girl.

"Can't believe you're seventeen already" Jorden says and Hermione laughs

"That's the funny thing about birthdays Jord's they happen every year" the Gryffindor says and the others laugh.

Hermione sits down next to Harry and he hands her two wrapped parcels. They weren't overly large, one was quite smaller than the other, but the Gryffindor smiles.

"We all decided to chip in for something nice this year" Harry says with a warm smile "happy birthday Hermione"

The Gryffindor girl smiles and starts to unwrap both gifts. In the larger parcel, was a plum coloured knitted scarf as well as a colourful sweater. The sweater was knitted in an intricate pattern incorporating earthy colours such as deep green, beige orangey and yellow as well a blue and purple. In the smaller parcel was a very expensive brand of herbal tea Hermione liked.

"Thank you guys these are all lovely. You didn't have to go through so much effort for me" Hermione replies

"Bloody hell Hermione. You're our friend so let us put in some effort now and then" Ron says

Everyone laughs and Hermione smiles. She couldn't ask for a better group of friends. Even though they sometimes disagree, at the end of the day they are practically family for the Gryffindor girl.

Suddenly and pair of arm wrap around her waist and Hermione instantly knows who it is. She breathes in the familiar scent of her girlfriend.

"Hi Y/N" Hermione says and Y/N kisses the Gryffindor's cheek then sits besides her.

"Hi my love" Y/N replies and looks to the opened gifts on the table "I see you've opened your gifts. You lot could've waited you know"

"You we're taking too long" Cal says

Y/N scoffs "I had to take a shower. I was too tired to take one after practise yesterday"

"Y/N that's kinda gross" Cal replies grimacing at the thought.