Chapter 23 - Dinner Party

Y/N fiddles with the neckline of her sweater, tugging at the hem. Tonight is Slughorn's dinner party and the Ravenclaw girl is getting ready in Hermione's room.

"You look fine darling" Hermione says reading a book on her bed as she waits for her girlfriend to stop fussing.

Y/N sighs as stops playing with the fabric "do you really have to go to this ridiculous dinner party"

"Come on Y/N it'll be fun" Hermione says getting up off the bed towards her girlfriend. She gently brushes her hand behind Y/N's neck and pulls her in for a sweet kiss. Immediately, the Ravenclaw girl relaxes.

"How is it that you can make me feel better with just your touch" Y/N says and Hermione giggles

"It was more than just my touch my love" the Gryffindor girl replies and Y/N laughs and pulls her closer by the waist and kisses her passionately.

Hermione leans into the kiss, brushing her hand across Y/N's cheek. As they disconnect their lips, they stay into each other's arms, resting their heads together. Suddenly, there is a knock on the door then it opens to reveal Harry standing in the doorway.

"Hurry up you two, we're going to be late" Harry says and the two girls nod following the raven-haired boy downstairs.

"It seems like Harry doesn't want to go to this dinner party either" Hermione says quietly and Y/N nods

"Can you blame him, Slughorn sees Harry and I as some sort of trophy." Y/N whispers "I know he means well, but we are more than just what some prophecy said we are"

"I know Y/N." Hermione says "we'll get through this together"

Y/N smiles and nods. The two girls hold each others hands as they follow Harry down the corridor.

"So who else got invited to this dinner party," Harry asks as he walks with Hermione and Y/N

"Cal and Flo will be there," Y/N says

"And I heard Ginny was going too" Hermione adds and Harry perks up slightly at this.

"Lets just get this over with," Y/N says and Hermione squeezes her hand reassuringly

----------------------------------------------------------

Slughorn stands at the head of a table, goblet raised to the students seated before him, which in addition to Harry, Hermione and Y/N include Flo, Cal, Marcus Belby, Blaise Zabini and Neville Longbottom. Unfortunately as well, McLaggen was also invited and sits opposite Hermione and Flo making direct eye contact at the two girls. To stop herself from murdering the Gryffindor boy, Y/N focuses in a distinctive crystal hourglass sits in the centre of the table.

"To Hogwarts' best and brightest!" Slughorn toasts

Hermione exchanges a wary glance with Harry, who notices that one seat is empty, left for Ginny. Y/N drinks from her goblet elegantly like she's been taught for her aunt's extravagant parties. She sits between Hermione and Flo as they start to eat their entree which is a nice soup. Neville stares hopelessly at the vast array of forks, knives and spoons placed beside his plate.

"Which one do I use for the soup?" Neville whispers to Cal who shows him which is the correct spoon.

Flo chuckles at the display and looks up, only for Cormac to be staring right at her with a smug look on his face. He looks between her and Hermione and winks distastefully.

Of course, Y/N sees Cormac's little display and moves her hand to gently rest on Hermione's thigh. The Gryffindor smiles at the protective nature of her girlfriend and places her hand on top of Y/N's. Flo, on the other hand, looks a little more uncomfortable but Callan rests his hand on her knee hoping to calm his friend's nerves and the Ravenclaw girl flashes him a smile to say she's grateful.