Chapter 29 - Christmas Party Pt.2

Y/N slips past the guests and heads to the bathrooms where the Ravenclaw is hoping to find her best friend. Thankfully she was right, in the female bathrooms stands Flo fixing her make-up. The Ravenclaw girl turns around and is grateful for seeing her best friend.

"Is he gone?" Flo asks

"He won't be back anytime soon," Y/N says and Flo nods.

"Oh thank goodness," Flo says "that boy's got more tentacles than a Snarfalump plant." Y/N doesn't laugh at this, then suddenly whacks Flo's arm "Ow!!"

"I can't believe you brought McLaggen to the Christmas party," Y/N says "you knew what he was like and the stuff he was saying about you and Hermione"

"I'm sorry okay," Flo says

"He called Jorden and I a faggot" Y/N says "you knew this and that his words hurt us and you still picked him, of all people"

"I know, I know I made a very big mistake," Flo says in a frustrated tone "I'm really sorry okay, you were right. Are you satisfied now? You've finally proved your point"

"No I'm not satisfied," Y/N says "I don't care about being right. I care about my best friend who is having the worst night of her life, hiding in the girls bathroom"

Flo sighs "I should've just told Ron how I felt and maybe this situation never would've happened"

Y/N sighs and looks at her best friend. The Ravenclaw can tell that Flo is sorry and moves to embrace her her in a tight hug. Flo wraps her arms around Y/N, her eyes watering slightly. "It's going to be alright. Flo are you crying"

"No you are" Flo says as an attempt at humour as she pulls away and wipes her eyes "Godric this is why I hate galas, balls and parties. I always have the worst luck"

"what do you mean," Y/N asks "I'm sure it's not as bad as you think"

"Well, the Yule ball had the Viktor and Ron fiasco. Then the Gala last year, Viktor and I broke up and now at Slughorn's Christmas party I bring the worst human and the planet as my date" Flo says "Maybe I should just leave"

Y/N sighs but then suddenly, the Ravenclaw comes up with a brilliant idea. She extends her hand and clears her throat. Y/N has a mischievous look in her eye and Flo's eyes her curiously "Florence Elizabeth Ravens may I have this dance"

Flo laughs at her best friend's antics "what are you doing Y/N"

"You deserve to at least have one dance before you leave the party," Y/N says "and since Cormac is gone I'll take his place"

Flo grins and takes Y/N's hand "okay Y/N Y/M/N Black, you may have this dance"

Y/N grins and the two girls leave the bathroom. She leads Flo to the dance floor and it seems like all eyes are on them. Y/N places her hand on her best friend's waist whilst Flo wraps her arms around Y/N's neck. Even with one arm, Y/N can still dance rather well. The two Ravenclaw girls laugh as Y/N spins Flo as they dance in time to the beat. The song ends and the two girls exit the dance floor and spot Hermione, Jorden, Cal and Harry standing off to the side with drinks in their hands.

"Hey you two" Cal says and hugs Flo tightly and so do the others.

"Hey everyone, don't you all look lovely," Flo says and the others smile "sorry for borrowing your date Hermione"

The Gryffindor girl just smiles "it's quite alright Flo. I think you just warmed her up for me"

"Hermione Granger look at you being so bold," Y/N says and Hermione chuckles

"Could just be whatever in this" Hermione says pointing to her glass and Y/N kisses her cheek

"You always find a way to amaze me," Y/N says and the Gryffindor blushes and clutches her girlfriend's arm