Chapter 21 - Nice Skin

The snow falls heavily now as the group exit the three broomsticks. Y/N, Ron and Harry walk together, while Hermione and Flo trail back with Jorden and Cal behind them. Y/N sticks out her tongue as the snowflakes fall.

"Bit worried about her" Ron says "Flo I mean. Did you hear that rubbish she was talking back in the pub? Her and me snogging. Ha, as if"

Y/N rolls her eyes and looks at Harry "keep telling yourself that Ron" the Ravenclaw mutters

"What was that Y/N" Ron says sending an evil glare at Y/N who just smirks knowing that the Weasley boy heard exactly what she said.

"Nothing" Y/N says innocently and Ron pouts then kicks some of the snow at the Ravenclaw girl.

The snow bursts and lands all on Y/N's jacket making the Ravenclaw instantly colder. Y/N frowns whilst Ron laughs along with Harry.

"Not cool Ron" Y/N frowns as she wipes the snow off herself.

"Serves you right though" Ron laughs

Suddenly, Flo walks over to the Harry and Ron,  draping her arms over the boys. Hermione makes her way to her girlfriend and helps wipe the snow from her jacket.

"Thanks 'mione" Y/N says and kisses her pink lips.

"Your welcome baby" Hermione replies sweetly as she wraps her arm around the Ravenclaw's waist and Y/N does the same. Cal and Jorden walk closer to the group sharing smiles as one another.

At that very instant, a loud scream is heard and the group look at eachother for a second before running off to where they heard the scream.

"I warned her! I warned her not to touch it!" the Gryffindor girl says as they see Katie Bell lying in the snow. Suddenly, Katie rises six feet into the air. Hair dancing violently in the wind, her face remains eerily placid then she fall harshly to the ground.

"Harry- guys, she's swallowing her tongue" Jorden says panicking.

"I'll get someone-" Harry says

"There's no time!" Flo adds as she bends down next to Jorden in hopes to aid in some way.

"Y/N" Hermione calls and the Ravenclaw girl looks over to what Hermione is staring at a torn package in the snow. The Ravenclaw bends down and holds out her wand about to touch it but a massive figure lurches out of the snow. Hagrid.

"Get back! All o' yeh!" The half giant says so forcefully the others instantly obey.

Effortlessly, he scoops up Katie's thrashing body and then, as if calming a terrified animal, presses his face close to hers and whispers with great tenderness.

"Is she going to be okay" Flo says as they watch Hagrid repeats smoothing words

"Let's hope so" Cal says

Eventually, Katie's lids flutter and her body goes limp. "Don' go touchin' tha' but by the wrappin's. Unnerstan'?" Hagrid says sternly looking to the package in the snow.

Harry kneels next to Hermione and Y/N looking at the mysterious package. Poking through the paper is an ornate opal necklace. Taking off his scarf, Harry carefully enfolds the package and rises. Then, along with the others, he watches Hagrid lumber off, Katie cradled in his arms. In seconds they are swallowed by the snow. The only sound is the roar of the wind.

—————————————————————————

The necklace lies green and glittering upon McGonagall's desk.

"You're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks, Leanne?" McGonagall asks

"It's like I said. She went to the loo and when she came back she had the package." Leanne replies "She said it was important she deliver it."