Chapter 33 - Under Suspicion

The night is still and silent, Y/N's arm still tucked protectively around Ollie's fragile frame. It seems like everyone else has gone to sleep except for one particular Gryffindor girl. Hermione quietly opens the door to the spare room, being careful not to make any sound. The Ravenclaw slowly stirs awake, feeling the presence of someone in the room. Y/N grips her wand tightly and instinctively raises her wand becoming fully awake

"Hey, it's just me" Hermione whispers and Y/N calms recognising her girlfriends voice

"Hey" she replies back lowering her wand. Hermione looks between her and Ollie "it's alright he's asleep" Y/N answers

Hermione nods and kneels down beside her "Are you coming to bed. Or are you staying here"

The Ravenclaw looks at Ollie sleeping soundly next to her. She smiles and turns back to Hermione "I think I should stay here tonight, I don't think it'll end well if he wakes up and I'm not here"

"Alright then, I'll stay too" Hermione says and kisses Y/N's cheek "I'll bring you a spare change of clothes from your room"

The Ravenclaw smiles gratefully "Thank you"

Hermione gently kisses Y/N's cheek then quietly shuts the door behind her as she leaves. Y/N slowly gets up from the bed, careful not to wake Ollie and goes into the spare bathroom to get ready for bed. She looks at herself in the mirror and her girlfriend was right, she does look awful. With the lack of sleep and the Weasley's being attacked, she hasn't had time to catch a break.

And then there's Jorden, her sweet Hufflepuff friend. A part of her believed that him being attacked was her fault. She should've said something or taken his words more seriously then none of this would've happened. But now all Y/N can assume is the worst, because she didn't speak up. The Ravenclaw had gotten herself all worked up that she didn't know she was crying. She slowly collapses to the tiled floor, her body feeling the affects of her tired state as she holds her knees to her chest.

"Y/N!" Hermione says, her voice full of worry. She sits down next to her wraps an arm around her and immediately the Ravenclaw buries her face in the nook of her neck whilst she grips the front of her shirt. Hermione just gently strokes her girlfriend's back hoping that will help in calming her down "Y/N what's wrong"

"It's my fault" Y/N says though muffled tears "I should've told someone"

"Told someone what, my love" the Gryffindor asks

"Jorden told me he thought he was being followed by something and now I know it was the pack of werewolves. I should've urged him to tell Dumbledore that he was being followed or I should've done it. Then this wouldn't have happened" the Ravenclaw sobs

"Y/N it's not your fault you wouldn't have known this would happen alright. Jorden's accident is not your fault" Hermione reassures, gently wiping the tears from the Ravenclaw's eyes. "Come on I'll help you get changed and we'll go to bed"

Y/N nods and Hermione starts to undress her girlfriend, putting her in an oversized shirt and sweatpants. The Gryffindor then helps Y/N to her feet and the Ravenclaw practically leans on Hermione for support which made it more difficult for the Gryffindor to help Y/N to the bed due to her smaller frame.

As they got under the covers, Y/N practically clings to a she drifts off the sleep. Ollie readjusts himself so he's sleeping on top of Y/an chest and Hermione can't help but find the sight of the two of them adorable. The Gryffindor trails her fingers through Y/N's hair and a small smile deforms on her lips.

"I love you" Y/N mumbles softly and Hermione can't help but smile contently as her words

"I love you too" Hermione replies kissing the Ravenclaw's forehead and drifting off to sleep with Y/N in her arms.