Chapter 5 - Late Night Talks

The group all follow Ron into the attic where a copy of the Daily Prophet tumbles within a makeshift campfire but magically doesn't disintegrate. Harry and Y/N change out of their clothes into their pyjamas and meet the rest of the group in the attic. Harry teases the fire with the tip of his wand, where the title 'The Chosen One?' mingles with Draco's haunted face in the flames. Y/N sits with Hermione in her arms as the Gryffindor girl leans on her chest.

"When'd you get here?" Harry asks

"A few days ago," Flo says

"I got here yesterday," Hermione says "Though for a bit, I wasn't sure I was coming."

Y/N looks to both Flo and Hermione who glance at Ron. The Weasley boy sighs

"Mum sort of lost it last week. Said Ginny and I had no business going back to Hogwarts. That it's too dangerous" Ron says

"Oh come on-" Y/N says and Flo looks at her worriedly

"Why do you think Jorden's not here," Flo says and Y/N looks at her confused "He had to convince his parents to let him, Rue and Aston go back to school"

"He did end up convincing them, but they wouldn't let them come to the Burrow," Ron says

"He never told us that," Y/N says looking at Harry who nods and Flo gives them a sympathetic smile

"I'm sure he wanted to. He probably just didn't want you two to worry," Flo says and Y/N nods

"Mrs Weasley's not alone," Hermione says "Even my parents, and they're Muggles know something bad is happening"

Y/N holds the bushy-haired girl a little tighter and gently squeezes her hand. Hermione smiles and leans into the touch as Y/N kisses her forehead.

"Anyway, Dad stepped in, told her she was being barmy." Ron says "Took a day or two, but she came round."

Harry scoffs "But we're talking about Hogwarts. Dumbledore. What could be safer?"

"Yeah, Hogwarts is probably the safest place we could all be right now," Y/N says and Flo, Ron and Hermione exchange glances "what"

Flo sighs "There's been a lot of chatter lately. That he's gotten, old."

"Rubbish," Harry says "He's only- what?"

"A hundred and fifty. Give or take a few years." Ron says

Then there is silence and nods. Suddenly the five of them break out laughing. Y/N thinks its nice to hear everyone let loose once and a while. The Ravenclaw looks to Hermione who smiles widely as her laughter fills the room. Y/N smiles too knowing that Hermione hasn't laughed like that in front of their friends for a while.

The room grows quiet once more and Harry takes another poke at the Prophet. Draco's haunted face appears briefly, then is gone.

"Have you heard from Callan?" Flo says and Y/N nods

"Yeah he's doing alright," Y/N says, "said he's coming back this year but just wanted to spend some time with his family and Jorden"

"We did catch up with him though," Harry says and Y/N nods

"I think he's still a little bit down about Jorden's dad not entirely accepting their relationship," Y/N says "I think I made him feel a little better when I stayed over for the weekend"

"What did you do," Hermione asks and Y/N grows quiet

"I have no comment," Y/N says and Harry laughs knowing exactly what to the two friends did as he was there for some of it.