Chapter 26 - Regulus Black

Y/N makes it up to Dumbledore's office on a cold winter's morning. Professor Flitwick sent her straight to his office after charms class so the Ravenclaw girl has no idea what this meeting is about. Y/N knocks on the door and hears the professor say come in. Dumbledore smiles warmly as Y/N opens the door.

"Ah Y/N its so good to see you once again" Dumbledore greets and Y/N takes a seat opposite the headmaster.

"Same here Professor," Y/N says "But I'm curious as to why you asked for me"

Dumbledore nods "As I told you and Harry before I care about both of you. I just wanted to see how you are"

The Ravenclaw smiles "Oh, thats very nice of you"

Dumbledore chuckles "How is your arm Y/N? You did hit the ground fairly hard"

"It's a little sore but I'll survive" Y/N replies looking at her arm in the sling "the only problem is I have to use my left hand and writing assignments has proven to be a struggle"

"I can imagine" Dumbledore "Which also means we will not be continuing our lessons until your arm is healed. And that includes practising with your friends too"

"But sir that's not until the start of winter break" Y/N protests "what if I forget-"

"You won't forget Y/N" Dumbeldore replies "your body will know how to use wandless magic again once it has had proper rest"

Y/N's shoulders slump and she sighs "Fine,"

"Slughorn has taken a liking to you and Harry," Dumbledore says changing the subject to a much lighter tone "I hear you've both been invited to the Christmas party"

Y/N smiles weakly "We have but I feel like the only reason he likes us is because Harry's the chosen one and apparently I remind him of my uncle Regulus"

"Ahh Regulus Black," the headmaster says fondly as if he is recalling memories from the past "your uncle was a quiet boy, always keeping to himself and a few select friends, but a very talented young wizard"

"I wish I knew more about him," Y/N says "dad never talked about him"

"There was a time when Sirius and Regulus were close. After your father ran away to the Potters, the two brothers grew apart" Dumbledore says "have you thought about looking through the Black family inheritance, it is yours now to look through"

"I thought I would mostly be my dad's stuff," Y/N says

"You inherited the entire Black family belongings, there might be something that your uncle Regulus might have kept. Or even your brother" Dumbledore says

"I'll write to my aunt about it," Y/N says with a smile "she'll know something"

Dumbledore nods then stand, "I have something to give you Y/N"

The Ravenclaw eyes the headmaster curiously as he hands an old book. It had interesting markings on the side and cover as the Ravenclaw traced her hand over it "I've never seen this book before"

"That's because it's one of a kind," the Headmaster says "it's about ancient wandless practises that were practised in East Africa"

"I've never seen spells like this before," Y/N says and Dumbledore nods

"neither had I Y/N until now" Dumbledore replies "We are in a new realm Y/N, there's so much we don't know about your capabilities or even mine, but maybe this book may be able to help answer our many questions"

Y/N tucks the book under her good arm and smiles "thank you, Professor"

the headmaster nods "now run along Y/N I'm sure you have other places to be right now"