Chapter 25 - Weasley is our King

It's been a week Y/N's accident and it's the morning of the second quidditch match of the season, Gryffindor vs Slytherin. Y/N sits with her right arm in a sling Looking miserable as she struggles to use her non-dominant hand to eat. Hermione being the thoughtful girlfriend she is, already cut her food into bite-sized pieces making it easier for the Ravenclaw.

Harry walks by and sits next to Jorden looking rather anxious "have any of you seen Ron"

"Wasn't he in the common room," Flo says and Harry shakes his head. He then looks over at Ginny who has just joined the group

"Got any ideas about where your brother is Ginny," Harry asks and Ginny grins

"No idea, and he's your best friend" Ginny replies "if you have no idea I bloody well don't"

"He's probably nervous about the game, Harry," Flo says "he only just beat McLaggen"

"Would you rather me pick Cormac?" Harry answers and Flo scoffs

"Godric's no" Flo replies

"Well then zip it" Harry snaps and takes a sip of his pumpkin juice

"Relax Harry," Hermione says "he'll be here soon enough"

"Ron's never let you down" Y/N adds "he won't start now"

Ron enters the Hall, his eyes lowered and knuckles taped for Quidditch. Flexing his fingers anxiously, he makes his way to the Gryffindor table. Neville passes going the other way and grins eagerly as he spots the Weasley boy.

"Good luck, Ron?" Neville says patting Ron on the shoulder before taking his leave.

Ron fakes a smile and nods shortly. Then Seamus comes up to his side and whispers conspiratorially.

"Counting on you, Ron. I've two Galleons on Gryffindor." Seamus says

As the Gryffindor boy peels off, Ron cuts his eyes toward the Slytherin table, where the Quidditch team sits together and a few turn and snigger. Ron averts his eyes and almost runs into Cormac, who eyes him with disdain as he passes.

Frowning, Ron sits down opposite Harry. The raven-haired boy eyes him briefly, knowing his best friend is full of nerves and pushes a plate across. Ron takes a fork and pokes at it glumly.

"You alright mate," Jorden asks but Ron doesn't say anything

"You look awful, eat something" Cal urges

"Shut it all of you" Ron snaps then takes a breath "I'm just a little nervous"

Suddenly Lavender Brown walks by and stops in front of Ron. Flo's eyes narrow at Lavender but the Gryffindor doesn't notice "Good luck today, Ron. I know you'll be brilliant!"

Ron smiles feebly and looks back down at his plate as the Gryffindor girl leaves. Flo stares daggers at Lavender as well as at Ron. Y/N looks at Harry feeling worried about Ron. The raven-haired boy nods and a small smile forms on his lips as he winks at Y/N.

"I'm resigning after today's match. McLaggen can have my spot." Ron says

"Have it your way." Harry says somewhat cheerfully "Juice?"

Everyone at the table stares at the Gryffindor boy, surprised by Harry's callousness. Ron is surprised as well and mildly put out.

"Sure," Ron says handing Harry his cup.

As Harry pours, Luna arrives at the table wearing a hat that bears an uncanny resemblance to a real lion.

"Hello, everyone. You look dreadful, Ron." Luna says and Ron nods grimly, lifting his glass. Luna turns to Harry. "Is that why you just put something in his cup? Is it a tonic?"