Chapter 16 - Quidditch Trials

"You sure you don't want to try out this year Flo?" Y/N asks as they make there way to the quidditch pitch.

"I'm sure Y/N one game was enough for me" Flo says "and plus I've got to keep Hermione company"

"You do realise thats Cal and Jorden are going to be sitting in the stands" Y/N comments and Flo rolls her eyes "it's only Gryffindor and Ravenclaw trials today"

"True but I'm still not trying out" Flo insists and Y/N sighs sadly but nods.

Y/N wears her Ravenclaw practise jersey minus the padding and has her broomstick in hand. Flo makes her way up to the stands where Jorden and Cal are also seated. Hermione walks onto the pitch and Y/N grins as she makes her way over to her and embraces her in a big hug.

"Hey stranger" Y/N jokes and Hermione rolls her eyes in an attempt to hide her amusement

"Hi Y/N" Hermione replies and the Ravenclaw gently leaves her hands on her girlfriends waist "how are you feeling"

"We'll I've already made the team, I'm captain in case you've forgotten" Y/N says with a smile

Hermione chuckles "I haven't forgotten, my love. But just remember you have a reputation to uphold"

Y/N rolls her eyes "well in that case I should stop flirting with the enemy"

The Gryffindor playing punches Y/N's arm as she laughs but then the Ravenclaw gently grabs Hermione's waist and connects their lips together for a tender kiss.

Hermione softly moans against their lips and she gently pulls away, letting her fingers brush against Y/N's cheeks "please be careful. I know it's only trials but I don't want you to get hurt"

"I'll be fine 'mione don't worry" Y/N says with a lopsided smile that the Gryffindor girl adores so much.

"I'll always worry Y/N" Hermione replies and the Ravenclaw smiles and looks to the band of Ravenclaw and Gryffindor students converse in some rather loud friendly banter.

"I'll meet up with you after" Y/N says and Hermione nods

"I'll be waiting" the Gryffindor girl says and Y/N quickly kisses Hermione once more. The two then eventually go their separate ways with Y/N to the other quidditch players and Hermione back up to the stands.

A few other students have also made their way to the stands. Mostly from the Hufflepuff and Slytherin quidditch team as they are intrigued to watch the trials. Y/N greets a few familiar faces from the old squad and smiles as she spots a few new faces.

"Alright everybody gather 'round" Y/N calls and all the Ravenclaw players stop their chatter and listen "It's so good to see a mix of new and old faces join the trials this year. Now I want you all to gear up and start some stretches whilst I talk to the Gryffindor captain about if we will have a friendly match. If I see anyone messing around you can kiss your name on the team goodbye"

"You heard the captain," Davies says and Y/N smiles at the previous years chaser and walks over to the Gryffindor team.

Harry kept it a secret from everyone that he got elected as captain. Y/N and all of his friends were of course proud of him and the Ravenclaw captain offered to share the pitch today hoping to put Harry at ease as he seemed a little nervous. Y/N walks over to Ginny who is putting on her gear and she looks over at Harry who tries with little success to get the attention of the aspiring Quidditch players.

"How's he going," Y/N asks the Weasley girl

"He seems a little nervous but he'll be fine once we start practising" Ginny replies and Y/N nods