Chapter 31 - Death Eater Attack

It's been a few days since Y/N's arrival at the burrow. It's Christmas Eve and Remus and Tonks have joined the Weasley family plus Harry and Y/N for a lovely dinner prepared by Mrs Weasley. The house glows with light and holiday music rings through the house. Fred and George fill cups with steaming nog and Mrs Weasley and Ginny ferry plates of food down the table.

"Eat up, eat up, everyone! There's more to come!" Mrs Weasley says and Y/N grabs a plate for herself and sits by Remus and Tonks. Both of them are in deep conversation with Harry and Mr Weasley whilst Ron sits quietly listening.

"Draco's plotting something" Harry starts "I know it's something to do with Voldemort. He's been given a task or a mission and Snape was offering to help."

"Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?" Mr Weasley inquires and Harry nods

"We don't know for certain" Y/N says "but that's what we heard"

"I know it sounds mad-" Harry adds

"Has it occurred to you, Harry, that Snape was simply pretending to offer Draco help so that he could find out what he's up to?" Lupin says looking rather tired

Harry frowns "That's not what it sounded like."

"Perhaps Harry's right, Remus." Tonks says placing a comforting hand on Lupin's "To make an Unbreakable Vow, after all-"

"It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgement." Lupin replies "He trusts Snape. Therefore, I do."

"But Dumbledore can make mistakes." Harry says "He's said it himself-"

"You're blinded by hatred." Lupin replies firmly

"I'm not-" Harry argues

"You are!" Lupin replies sharply causing Harry to stop "People are disappearing, Harry. Daily. We can only put our trust in a handful of people. If we start fighting amongst ourselves, we're doomed."

Harry stands up looking defeated "I'm not hungry" he says and walks upstairs.

Y/N sighs and turns back to Remus and Tonks "he'll be fine. He's just been obsessed with the fact that Draco could be a death eater and can't let it go"

"I'm surprised your not" Tonks says and Y/N chuckles

"It didn't say I wasn't curious, but Harry isn't seeing the full picture," Y/N says "I think something bigger is happening at Hogwarts, I just don't know what"

"Don't go looking for trouble Y/N" Remus warns and the Ravenclaw smiles

"I never do" the Ravenclaw replies "trouble has a knack for finding me"

-----------------------------------------------------

Some time has passed over dinner and Harry has made an appearance downstairs. He sits on the couch in the living room, seeming to be lost in thought. Y/N sighs and stands in the archway thinking about how she is going to try and cheer up Harry's mood.

"Whatcha doing," Ginny says quietly holding a tray of small tarts

"Ginny" The Ravenclaw smiles "Can I have one"

"Sure" the Weasley girl replies and Y/N takes a tart and plops it in her mouth "what do you think"

Y/N nods her head "they're not bad, they're at least edible"

"Oh shut up you," Ginny says causing the Ravenclaw to laugh "you can be an ass you know that"

"I've been told," Y/N replies smugly then looks back to Harry "Ginny if you have any way of cheering Harry up, now would be the time to tell me"