Chapter 20 - Hogsmeade

Students lean into a bitter wind, trudging through deep snow. Y/N and the group walk through the cobbled streets of Hogsmeade dressed warmly in black jeans and a turtle neck sweater with a thick winter coat buttoned up completely. She also has a dark grey scarf hanging loosely around her neck.

Her friends have always said that black was her colour, the Ravenclaw's not sure if it's because of her last name or just coincidence. But neither the less they weren't wrong. Hermione holds onto Y/N's arm as they trudge three the snow and Jorden and Cal do the same whilst Ron, Harry and Flo walk together.

"For weeks you carry around this book, practically sleep with it." Flo says to Harry as they walk the streets "and you have no desire to find out who The Half-Blood Prince is?"

"I didn't say I wasn't curious." Harry answers "And, by the way, I don't sleep with it."

"Yeah. Right." Jorden says and Harry glares in the Hufflepuff's direction "what you probably do"

"it's true." Ron adds "I like a nice chat before I go to bed. Now you're always reading that bloody book. It's like being with the all girls"

"Hey!" Y/N, Hermione and Flo all says whilst glaring at Ron. Flo grabs a handful of snow and throws it at Ron, which scatters all over his jacket.

"Stop being mean, or I won't help you with your essay" Flo says

Ron huffs and wipes the snow from his jacket "fine"

The group laugh and continue walking through the snow. Hermione leans closer to Y/N who smiles at her girlfriends closeness. "Well, I was curious. So I went to-"

"-The library." Y/N says cutting her off with a smug smirk and Hermione huffs and gives Y/N an unamused look

"And?" Harry asks and Hermione sighs

"Nothing." Hermione responds "There's no reference to the Half-Blood Prince anywhere."

"Good. That settles it then." Harry says and Y/N nods in agreement

"Is it a bit strange isn't it" Callan asks and Y/N quirks up at his statement

"What do you mean" Y/N asks

"Well, the half blood price is quite good at potions, actually more than good he's brilliant which I hate to admit. But why aren't his finding published." Cal questions "It's strange that his discoveries are bound to markings on a ratty old textbook"

"The half-blood prince could be his anonymous name. They're findings could've been under a different name or sold to publications." Y/N says "Or it could've just been a talented student who wanted to preserve their discoveries in a textbook for the next owner to find. Which happens to be Harry"

Cal thinks and smiles "that's true but still I find it interesting"

Y/N "I agree  with you Callan it is peculiar"

Hermione smiles and kisses Y/N's cheek which warms the Ravenclaw's face. "You're cute when you use that brain of yours"

Y/N stops and grabs the ends of Hermione's scarf and grins. "Really"

Hermione rolls her eyes but blushes "yes you goof, and you already know it"

Y/N smile goes brighter as she gently uses the scarf to move the Gryffindor's face closer to hers "doesn't mean I don't like you saying it"

"Shut up" Hermione says and Y/N connects their lips together in a sweet kiss.

Their friends groan whilst they hear Cal and Jorden chuckle. Y/N breaks away from Hermione and smiles her "your cute when your flustered"