Chapter 39 - Dumbledore Returns

The holiday season has finally come to an end and Y/N and her friends find an empty cabin on the Hogwarts Express. Y/N closes the doors and pulls down the blinds so no one can see in.

"What are you doing" Flo asks curiously as Y/N takes a seat next to her girlfriend

"I need to tell you all something" the Ravenclaw starts "and it's important that whatever I say doesn't leave this room"

"Is this about-" Hermione starts and Y/N nods

Her friends share a look towards one another that shows that they understand what Y/N is talking about. All except Jorden who looks very confused.

"Am I missing something" Jorden asks and Cal kisses his hand

"It's about Monica's and Y/N's fight" Cal says and Jorden finally starts to piece it all together.

"Alright whenever you're ready" Harry says looking at Y/N who smiles

"So before the fight when I was in my aunts office, she handed me a letter from the ministry" the Ravenclaw starts "they're investigating me for conspiring with death eaters but also for the destruction of the Burrow"

"But that's not true" Ron says "I know for a fact that you didn't burn down my home"

"I know but that's not how the ministry sees it" Y/N replies "anyways I have a trial coming up in early February-"

"That's only a few weeks away" Flo says and Y/N nods

"Do you have a plan for the trial" Hermione asks

"I was just going to keep a low profile for the mean time, which means no more visits to the shrieking shack or late night visits to the Gryffindor dorms" the Ravenclaw says and Hermione sighs Looking a little disappointed.

"I guess that's a good start" the Gryffindor girl says

"You should ask aunt Monica for help" Harry suggests "she's been through this before and has some ideas on how to help you"

Y/N thinks for a second before she nods "you're right, I'll send her an owl when I get to Hogwarts"

"Why can't we speak about this more at Hogwarts" Jorden asks

"Aurors will be there" Harry says and Y/N nods

"They'll be watching my every move, waiting for me to make some sort of mistake to use against me" the Ravenclaw replies

"What happens after the trial" Ron asks and Y/N sighs

"Well if I'm found innocent, I continue my life as normal. But if I'm found guilty-" The cabin goes silent as they know what Y/N is about to say "then I go straight to Azkaban"

"That won't happen" Hermione says quickly

"It is a possibility" Cal says

"No" Hermione snaps back "I won't let that happen Cal. We won't let let that happen"

"Hermione please" Y/N says softly, placing her on top of her thigh. The action seems to calm the Gryffindor girl down and Cal sighs and leans forward in his seat.

"look, I'm just saying that the last name 'Black' hasn't been well liked by the ministry"

"Cal's right Hermione" Harry says "this trial could go either way"

"What about Dumbledore" Flo asks "can't he do something"

"Dumbledore isn't well liked by the ministry either" Ron says "his word would mean nothing to them"

"I'm pretty much on my own for this" Y/N says

"You have us" Jorden says with a warm smile "we will get though this together alright"