Chapter 38 - A night out in london

"Hey are you all set" Y/N asks Hermione as she puts in her suitcase in the back of her car.

"Yeah, ready" Hermione replies and closes the trunk. She smiles brightly and brushes the Ravenclaw's arm  "I'm super excited"

"Me too" Y/N says with a grin, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend. She tucks a stray lock of hair behind her ear and Hermione can't help but blush at the gesture. "It'll be nice to get away from everyone. Not that I don't love our friends, but it'll be nice just the two of us"

Hermione grins and inches her face closer "Just the two of us"  she says softly. Y/N connects their lips together for a sweet kiss, holding her body close to her own. They pull away only to rest their foreheads together.

"Alright you two, are you ready to go" and the couple look up to find Monica and Hermione's parents come down from the house to see them off.

"Yeah we're about to get going"  Y/N says

"Be safe you two" Monica replies, wrapping her niece up in a tight hug "let me know what time you're coming home tomorrow"

"Of course" the Ravenclaw replies "bye aunt Monica"

"Bye kiddo"omits replies with a wave and Y/N opens the door to the drivers seat, watching her girlfriend say goodbye to her parents.

"Hermione come on" the Ravenclaw calls

"I'm coming" Hermione says rolling her eyes and she walks over to the passengers side of the car. "Godric's your so impatient"

Y/N can't help but chuckle and gets herself comfortable in the drivers seat. She looks over to Hermione who looks a little tense and that is quite understandable considering what happened last time Y/N got behind the wheel. The Ravenclaw girl sighs and rests her hand on the Gryffindor's thigh.

"I'll drive normal" Y/N says hoping to calm her girlfriends worries.

"You better" Hermione replies "don't do anything stupid"

The Ravenclaw scoffs "I've never done anything stupid ever"

"Y/N-" the Gryffindor whines

"Alright, alright"  Y/N says with a heart-warming smile and turns on the engine.

True to her word, Y/N drove sensible, opting not to fly for Hermione's sake. She doesn't want her girlfriend feeling ill before their night out has even started. Hermione was thankful that Y/N didn't fly there however, she did speed a few times on the barren roads before entering the more urban landscapes. Magnolis Manor was at least a two hour drive away from London and the couple spent most of that time in comfortable silence with the music playing softly, just simply enjoying each other's company.

As they enter London, Y/N looks over to Hermione who is fast asleep next to her. The Ravenclaw couldn't help but laugh at how adorable her girlfriend looks but gently squeezes her thigh, hoping it with wake her up gently.

"Wake up my love, we're almost there" Y/N says softly

Hermione stirs awake and takes her girlfriends hand in her own "how long was I asleep"

"I'd say around forty-five minutes" Y/N replies and Hermione nods

It's not long until Y/N drives up to a hotel, parking right out the front. The Ravenclaw got out first and moves to Hermione's side opening the door for her.

"Thank you baby" Hermione says with a knowing smirk and Y/N grins

"Anything for you gorgeous" the Ravenclaw replies. Hermione rolls her eyes at her girlfriends playfulness but neither of them can deny the blush that forms on both their cheeks.