Chapter 24 - Quidditch Day

Y/N wakes up bright an early, refreshed from a goodnight's sleep. It probably had something to do with today being the first quidditch match of the season. To start off the season it's Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff and Y/N can't contain her excitement. She puts on her practice gear and her Ravenclaw quidditch sweater before racing downstairs to the Great Hall for breakfast.

The Ravenclaw captain spots her friends eating at the Hufflepuff table and makes her way over to them. Jorden is dressed similarly to Y/N except in Hufflepuff colours. The others dress warmly with Ron and Harry wearing their Gryffindor scarfs whilst the others wear colours to support their friends.

"Hey there's our star Ravenclaw captain" Cal says with a grin as Y/N sits down next to her girlfriend who greets her with a kiss.

"Hey guys" Y/N says already putting eggs and bacon on her plate

"You nervous" Harry asks and Y/N scoffs

"Me, nervous? never" The Ravenclaw says and Harry chuckles. Y/N takes a bite of her food and turns to Jorden "you ready for Ravenclaw to kick your ass Jord's"

"You wish" Joden replies grinning "Hufflepuff's squad is looking far better than last year"

"Let's hope" Cal mutters and Jorden playfully punches his boyfriends arm

"Hey not cool babes" Jorden and the Slytherin boy chuckles

"I'm sorry darling. You're the only reason I watch this game" Cal says and Jorden face perks up

"And I'm lucky to be the only reason," the Hufflepuff boy says and kisses Cal's cheek who blushes in response.

"Cute you two" Flo comments and Jorden and Cal grin at each other

"So. How was it?" Ron asks everyone at the table

Flo continues to read the Prophet, unaware of Ron's mood. "How was what?"

"Your dinner party." Ron mocks

"Dead boring. Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert." Hermione says smirking at the raven-haired boy

Harry's eyes shift, finding Hermione and Y/N smiling faintly "I found it just as boring as you did Hermione" Harry says and Y/N laughs

"I think one person made it particularly memorable Harry " Y/N mutters and Harry stares daggers at her, wanting the Ravenclaw to shut up.

"Ol' Sluggy's having a Christmas do, you know." Flo says trying to direct the conversation away from Harry "And we're meant to bring someone-"

"I expect you'll be going with McLaggen. Isn't he a member of the Slug Club?" Ron says bitterly

"Fuck Cormac," Jorden says taking a sip of his pumpkin juice and Y/N agrees, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"Actually, I was going to ask you." Flo says annoyed by Ron's attitude

"Really?" Ron says surprised

"Really. But seeing as you have such a distaste for the idea-" Flo starts

"Its like you said I'd find it boring" Ron says, a touch of sadness in his voice but Flo doesn't seem to notice "I wouldn't want to go anyways"

"Suit yourself then" Flo huffs and returns back to reading

"Fine" Ron snaps

"Fine" Flo says back, trying to act unbothered

The rest of the group watches the exchange knowing all too well that its going to take ages for these two acknowledge their feelings for each other. As Y/N finishes up her breakfast. Hermione taps the Ravenclaw on the shoulder.