Chapter 14 - I'm Sorry Darling

It's only been a day with since Y/N and Hermione's fight and the two haven't talked to each other at all. The Ravenclaw made it her mission to avoid the Gryffindor girl at all cost, which meant going to the library for studying at different times, having meals a little later than usual and sitting next to literally anyone else but her girlfriend.

Y/N sits in the empty Ravenclaw common room late at night with her acoustic guitar and notebook by her side. The Ravenclaw girl found music to be a good way to calm her mad and served as a good distraction from the fact that she is finding it hard to sleep. It's not just because of her fight with Hermione. It's more to do with the aching pain where her scar is.

She knows it has something to do with Voldemort and that thought alone makes it difficult to sleep. But one thing is certain that the dark lord will never read her mind again. She spent many nights teaching herself occlumency and has finally achieved the skill of protecting her mind. Y/N tried to teach Harry and has made some progress but hasn't fully perfected yet.

The Ravenclaw scribbles a few words in her notebook as she writes a new song to perform with the band or whenever an opportunity arose in the future. She strums a few chords then starts writing down a few lyrics, before eventually singing softly to herself as she plays.

I don't know who you are
And I don't know where you've been
Always out on your own
Always down on your knees

Now you know I need a miracle
A star cross lover, an arrow in my heart
I need a rainy day in an endless summer
A pocket full of stars

Maybe you're just like me
You see the faces in the crowd
Looking down at their feet
Never once make a sound

Now you know I need a miracle
A star cross lover, an arrow in my heart
I need a rainy day in an endless summer
A pocket full of stars

I need a miracle
A star cross lover, an arrow in my heart
I need a rainy day in an endless summer
A pocket full of stars

Y/N stops playing to find that she isn't alone anymore. She looks up to find Hermione, still in her uniform except it's a little more relaxed, standing in the common room. She doesn't bother asking how she got in knowing that she would've figured out the riddle by herself so the Ravenclaw stares at her blankly.

"Hi," Hermione says shyly and Y/N frowns

"Hi" she replies softly and the Gryffindor girl sighs

"Y/N I'm sorry" Hermione replies and the Ravenclaw girl looks away from her girlfriend, strumming a few strings of her guitar.

"About," Y/N says bluntly and Hermione takes a breath

"About our argument yesterday" the Gryffindor starts "I wasn't mad at you to begin with. I was just frustrated at myself and I took it out on you and said some things to you that I didn't mean. I'm sorry my love"

Y/N looks up at her girlfriend who genuinely looks sorry for herself and she knows Hermione is being sincere. "What you said really hurt me, Hermione." the Ravenclaw says

"I know. You don't exhaust me, I honestly can't even understand myself why I said it" Hermione replies

"But the fact is that you did," Y/N says "can you understand from my point of view how that sounds"

"I know and I can't apologise enough for how sorry I am that I hurt you," Hermione says and Y/N looks away from her girlfriend, still mad. The Gryffindor sighs and walks towards the exit of the common room but she stops, turning her  attention back to Y/N "Actually you do exhaust me"