Chapter 1

Jordan's point of view

Music blared out of my ipod, filling the room with the sound of unclean vocals being done by Oliver Sykes. I didn't listen to Justin Bieber or Ariana Grande as other girls my age did. I just wasn't a fan of it. They're talented, but they're not my cup of tea.

I looked back down at my algebra homework and sighed, scribbling down the numbers I didn't understand and that I had skipped. I didn't understand this. Numbers and letters aren't supposed to be in the same subject.

"Don't give up hope my friend, this is not the end," I mumbled along with the song, erasing a mistake I made. I bit my lip and then folded the paper up before shoving it in my textbook.

I pushed the book aside and then stood up, taking my glasses off. A loud knock sounded on my door and I turned my music down. I opened the door and there was the administrator of this little adoption center.

"Turn that noise down. No one else wants to hear that Jordan." She told me, a scowl on her face. "And get dressed appropriately, we have some people looking to adopt a girl in a few hours."

"Not like they're going to pick me." I said as she walked away, not bothering with me anymore. I closed my door and went to my closet.

I didn't have a lot, but I had more than anyone else in this place. I made my own money doing skateboarding tricks for people or playing my old guitar in the park. If I didn't do this, I wouldn't have almost everything I had now.

I grabbed a pair of destroyed black skinny jeans, a loose grey crop-top, a sleeveless leather jacket, and them a pair of black combat boots. I threw the outfit on and then went to the bathroom in my room.

Well, this wasn't my room. I shared it with a few other girls, but they don't like me, so they always leave me alone in here. They hated my fashion sense, my music taste, and my appearance.

I sighed and grabbed my brush. I ran it through my pitch black hair and then just threw it into a messy side braid, allowing my bangs to fall in front of my right eye. I put in my black piercings and then rolled on some deodorant after putting in my contacts.

I left my bathroom and saw one of my room mates. She grimaced at me and I just rolled my eyes as I grabbed my ipod and plugged in my earphones. I put one in and then laid down on my bed, letting one leg hang off of it.

I played a random song off of my playlist and as soon as I saw my roommate bring out her make-up, I decided to leave the room with my skateboard. You're fourteen years old for crying out loud, do you really need make-up?

I shook my head and walked down to the front yard. I set my skateboard down and then sat down on it while I hummed along to it. I soon stood up and decided to ride the board around.

I stood on it and rolled down the driveway and on to the sidewalk. I hummed as I whipped past buildings beside the adoption center and a few people stared at me.

I turned into the street and skateboarded to the other side of the road, doing a few tricks along the way. As soon as I passed, a large black car zoomed past me and headed straight towards the center.

I sighed and skated back, knowing I'd get in trouble if I wasn't there by the time the visitors were there. As soon as the people piled out, I had gotten to the driveway.

I stopped right before I hit someone with dark hair and then picked up my board. I walked into the building and then went up to my room. I set the board down and saw my roommate struggling with a zip on the back of her shirt.

"Do you need any help?" I asked her and she just gave me a glare. I rose my hands up in defense and she hissed as she zipped her hair into it. "Here, let m-"