Chapter 22

Jordan's point of view

When I got to school, it seemed as if everyone was steering clear from me. Everyone left me alone and when I talked to them, it was as if it was a sin to reply. I guess its okay, I mean, I'd rather be ignored than having to deal with people's ignorant and idiotic voiced thoughts.

As we were walking towards our class, I saw a sign that in big, bold letters read '8th Grade End Of The Year Talent Show'. I looked at it and grabbed a flyer on the desk under it, reading through it.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about this. If you want to join, you have to sign-up by today. After today, it's closed." Taylor told me and I nodded as I read through the paper.

"We were thinking on doing this whole group thing but had forgot to tell you yesterday." James told me and I looked at him. "Mr. Kings told us if we preform on the talent show as our celebrity it would give us extra credit." He said.

"If we did enter, what would I do? 5 Seconds of Summer is a band of four, not five." I told them and Timothy chuckled. "What's so funny?" I asked him.

"You have a nice set of pipes on you, you can do the main singing." He told me and I looked down at the flyer. "It's worth an extra seventy-five points." He said.

"We all have to enter, if not, we don't get the extra credit." Christian chimed in ans I pulled the pen from behind my ear. "You want to do it?" He asked and I nodded.

"It'll be fun," I said as I began signing our names down on it. "Besides, if we don't win, we get extra credit just for trying. It's a win-win situation." I told them and they nodded.

"This means we have a week to practice a song from them and to finish our actual project." Taylor said and I nodded as I folded the paper up and put it in the ballad box. "Can we handle all of this?"

"The project is half way done, all we need is the answers to some questions and to put the board together. We can do that at my place later on." I said and Timothy nodded.

"I can do that." Christain said and I nodded. "Hey, um, do the boys have a music room? I would assume so seeing as they're a really famous band but I don't know." He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah," I said and chuckled. "You don't need to bring your own instruments. I'm sure as long as were careful we can use their equiptment." I told them and he nodded.

"My bass strings kind of broke and so that's why I asked." He said and I nodded. "Come on, we need to get to class before we get in trouble." He told me and I nodded.

"Such a good boy Chris," Taylor teased and the boy blushed. "Always willing to do as he says. It's so cute." He told him and Christian pushed him away.

"Stop, it's just, I don't want to get in trouble." He said and began walking away. "I can't risk getting in trouble, not when a new bass guitar is in store for me." He said and I laughed as I caught up to him.

"I've gotten in trouble too much already, I can't do it anymore." I told them and they all groaned at how good we were being. "After the talent show I'll let loose, but until then, I'm stuck trying to be a good."

"Good girls are boring." Taylor groaned and Timothy agreed. "Good boys are boring too."

"Good thing we're just pretending so we can get what we want huh?" I said and then went to the classroom door. I opened it and then stepped inside with them. "You all know I'm normally not like this."

"Yeah," James said and chuckled. "You're not."

-

"I am so glad we finally finished that damned poster." Timothy said and I looked at the board on my bed. "That took so long." He said and I laughed.