Chapter 10

Jordan's point of view

I stood in the front of the school waiting for Luke to come pick me up, but he didn't show. I was stuck in the front of the school with Timothy and Christian because they refused to leave me here alone. They told me it's dangerous to be out by yourself in this neighborhood.

"He still hasn't came?" Timothy asked me as he sat down on the curb with me. "Have you tried calling him?" I nodded and turned my phone on, showing him that I called them all at last twice.

"None of them answered. They didn't answer my texts either." I said and wrapped my arms around my knees. "School was out thirty minutes ago too." I said.

"Want us to walk you home then?" Christian asked. "Our parents won't care. They always assume we've stop by the park when we arrive home late." He said.

"I don't want to bother you guys. Besides, he'll probably be coming soon." I said, trying to convince myself more than them. "I should have brought my skateboard." I sighed.

"Want to come by my house then? You can call them later and say you walked home with a friend because they were late." Timothy suggested and I sighed.

"I don't know." I said but stood up anyways. "Would your parents mind?" I asked and he shook his head.

"They won't, I know them, trust me." Christian said with a smile. "We can hang out around there and his mum can drop you off or your parents can pick you up from there. If they are working tonight, you can just tell them you stayed over or something."

"Yeah, okay, I'll go then." I said and grabbed my backpack. "And I believe you told me you owed me an ice cream from whooping you in jump rope." I told Timothy.

"I believe I said so too and since that is my favorite flavor, we have a lot of it at my house." He said and we high-fived. "This one prefers Strawberry and we have that too, don't worry Chrisy."

"Call me Chrisy again and your balls will be at the bottom of the ocean." Christian threatened and Timothy walked away from him and to my side, putting me between the two boys.

"Play nice." I said and nudged him. "It's a cute nickname. Chrisy. I might just call you that now. What's up Chrisy-boo?" I asked and he ran a hand through his hair.

"God, I'm so done with you." He said and I laughed as he fixed his glasses. "Chrisy-boo? It sounds like a nickname my grandmother would give me."

"You love it." I said and pinched his cheeks. He swatted my hands away and I just laughed. "You know you love it."

"You're pinching my cheeks now too? Grandma, is that you?" He asked and Timothy laughed along with me.

-

"You're home is so cute, oh my god." I said, looking at the house. It wasn't too small, but it wasn't extremely large, like mine was. His yard had a small flower garden and a few cute, trimmed little trees.

"Um, I want to take that at a compliment, however, I don't think I can. Houses aren't cute." Timothy said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"You're an idiot Timothy." I said and Christian agreed. We followed Timothy into his house and I gave a smile. As soon as you walk in, you get that homey feeling.

"Are your parents working?" Christian asked and I followed them to what looked like the living room. I set my backpack down beside the couch and then took a seat.

"Mum! Dad!" Timothy called as he left me and Christian alone to look for his parents.

"Do you play video games?" He asked me and I nodded. "Want to play some Mario Kart?" He asked and I nodded with a smile.