Chapter 37

-Dedication to @turquoiseANDgold for coming up with beautiful names for the couples in my book (I didn't include Vivian and Ashton because I don't like her aha)

Jordan's point of view

I couldn't sleep knowing that Taylor would be coming back soon. I couldn't even eat or drink anything. I was so excited, but nervous at the same time. Ashton had drove us all to Taylor's house and we were sitting around on his couch, waiting for the police to come over with him.

There was a knock on the door and everything quieted. I jumped out of my seat on the couch and then ran to the door. I opened it and immediately hugged whoever it was. "Um... pizza is here." The guy said and I heard laughter.

"Sorry, she's just really happy you're here. Pizza is like the only love in her life." Timothy said and I let go of the man. I took the pizza from him as Timothy handed him the money. "Keep the change." He said and the pizza guy nodded as he turned around and walked away.

I put the pizza on the coffee table and stared at the box. "I can't eat right now." I said as the others opened the box and grabbed some slices. "I'm too anxious."

"Eat a piece of pizza and I'll take you to Hot Topic." Ashton said and I grabbed a slice. "I knew that would work." He said and the others laughed. I took a bite and then there was another knock on the door. I stood up but Ashton went to open the door after Taylor's parents nodded at him.

I saw a man in a uniform and I stood by Ashton. "The Hernandez' residence?" He asked in a firm voice. We nodded and they asked to come in. We allowed them in and then closed the door.

"We have good, and we have bad news." He said as Ashton grabbed me. I put my slice of pizza on the table as my stomach turned and Timothy took a spot beside me.

"Where's my son?"

"It seems the phone had been discarded and there is no trace of the two nearby the area. The phone, is being searched for fingerprints and checked just in case it has any clues as to where they are." He said as he looked at his mum.

"The good news?"

"We have a sure fire suspect of who has him. His name is Ron Kings-"

"Our old teacher?" Timothy said and I buried my head in Ashton's chest as memories filled my head. That's why he looked familiar. That's why he was always staring at me. That's why he could see us baskstage at the talent show.

It was him.

"It seems." The officer said. "He was the last person to occupy that residence and his finger prints are all over the place. We are unsure where he may be now, but we were told if we give him a girl, he'll give us the boy."

"This is my little girl now, you can't just-"

"Mr. Irwin," the officer said. "Please, we have a well thought out, and developed plan. This is the easiest way to get Taylor back and to get this man off of the streets. She will be perfectly safe, and you will be with her every step of the way."

"What is it?" I asked as I looked at the officer. "If it's the easiest and quickest way to get my best friend back, I'll do it. I mean, you're officers, you know what's good and what will work." I said and they nodded.

"The plan is, you will tell him you're giving him the girl, and you have to make it look like it. Us and some other officers will be hidden, but able to see everything that happens. Once he's within arm reach, you will have to grab him and we will run out and cuff him while a few other officers grab the children." The police man said.

"We sat on this idea for days. It's been done before and it's always worked. We assure you, she will be perfectly safe and nothing bad will happen to anyone. No one will get injured." The second officer added.