Chapter 3

Jordan's point of view

"Jordan, Jordan wake up." Someone said and I jumped up. I looked around frantically, feeling sweat drip down the side of my face. "Princess, what's wrong? You were kicking and screaming."

I tried to speak but my throat was dried. I looked around and noticed it was Michael and Calum in my room. "Here." Calum said, handing me a water bottle. I took it from him gratefully and took a drink.

I could feel myself shaking, and I had to wipe my eyes furiously to keep the tears from actually falling. "I-I'm so so sorry," I said, my voice cracking. "I didn't mean to wake you two up. I can't believe I was that loud. Miss always told me I was loud but I didn't think it was enough to wake up people with rooms so far away from mine." I rambled.

"It's fine, don't worry." Calum told me. "We always wake up late at night anyways." He said as he took my water and set it on the dresser beside my bed.

"I feel so bad, oh my god, don't look at me." I said and pulled the blanket over me. They pulled it off but I just kept myself curled up. "I'm so sorry."

"We told you, it's fine." Michael told me, rubbing my back. "Do you want to talk about it? I heard it helps a lot." He told me and I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine." I said. "You can go to sleep now." I told them. "I won't bother you guys anymore." I told them as I sat up. I wasn't going back to sleep. I was going to stay up.

"Are you sure? We can stay up with you if you would like." Calum asked and I shook my head. "Alright then, goodnight Jordan." He said and kissed my forehead.

"Night Calum," I said and he handed me the bottle before he left and went to his room. "You can go to Michael, I don't want to bother you."

"You're not bothering me, I promise." He told me. "But if you want me to leave, I will." He said and kissed my cheek. "Good night and sweet dreams Jordan." He said and I nodded, wishing him the same.

He walked away, but before he could leave the room, I called him. "What do you need?" He asked me and I hesitated before I asked. I played with my fingers and he looked at me expectingly.

"My sister, she always sang me these songs, 'Have F-Faith In Me' by A Day To Remember and 'When We Stand Together' by N-Nickelback whenever I had nights like this." I said and he seemed to understand what I was asking.

"Do you want me to sing those to you?" He asked and I nodded shyly. He walked in and I scooted over so he could sit down on the bed beside me.

"It's a good thing that I know these song, huh?" He asked me and I nodded, laying down beside him. His hand ran through my hair as he hummed, and then he soon started singing.

"Have faith in me," he sang quietly, and I closed my eyes. "Cause there are things that I've seen, I don't believe." He continued, his hand running through my black hair.

I pulled the blanket higher and I cuddled more into the pillows, but I just couldn't sleep. I tried paying attention to just Michael and his singing, but still, no avail.

"I said I'd never let you go, and I never did." He sang and I opened my eyes. "I said I'd never let you fall and I always meant it."

Memories of my sister singing this to me before flashed in my mind and I smiled sadly. She'd do this. She'd sit beside me and run her hands through my hair, her eyes fixed on me in a caring and protective way.

"So we'll pretend it's alright, and stay in for the night." He sang and I felt crazy for imagining my sister's voice as he sang. "I'll keep you safe here with me."