Chapter 16

Jordan's point of view

I walked around my classroom, grabbing markers, pieces of colored paper, scissors, and glue. I went back to my table and then set them down as I grabbed my pencil. "I'm gonna trace out their band logos and you guys need to search up some of the basic information so we can out it on the poster." I told them and they nodded.

"I'm going to go ask Mr. King if we can use the laptops then." James said and we nodded. I began tracing out the logo we had on the printed photo of the band and the others watched. They claimed they couldn't draw and so I was the one doing all of the art.

"If you guys need to again, we can do more of this project at my house. Michael and his girlfriend will be there and they can help us." I told them and they nodded.

"My parents are okay with me going over whenever for the project, as long as I'm home before dinner." Taylor said and the rest agreed with him, saying their parents told them the same thing.

"We can make Michael go to the store and buy us the things we need and get some information out of Chelsea while he's gone." I said and they laughed.

"This project is so fun." Christian commented and I agreed. "I can't believe we get to do this. I would have thought we'd have a paper to do or something."

"I know. We always have to do papers in this class. It's boring." Timothy said and the others agreed. I groaned as I messed up on the tally marks and then redid it. I finally got them right after the tenth time, literally, and then smiled.

"Guys," James said, holding one of the school's laptops they allow us to use. "Get a notebook, we need to write down this." He told the three and they nodded, grabbing my journal and my pen from behind my ear.

"Of course, just take my things why don't you?" I asked and they laughed, shrugging my sarcasm off. I shook my head and then outlined the logo with a black marker so I knew where to let them cut.

"Do any of you cut right? I'm really bad at cutting straight." I told them and this guy turned around. He was one of the more popular kids and hung out with the guy who was bullying James the other day.

"James is really good at cutting, you should see his wrists. They're really straight." He said and I glared at the boy. Our groups quieted down and I threw the marker down.

I pulled my fist back and then punched him right in the mouth. He held his mouth in pain and the teacher yelled at me. "How dare you say something like that outloud?" I asked him as he covered his mouth. "I hope you aren't able to speak for a whole month." I spat.

"Miss Irwin! Go to the principal's office at once." The teacher yelled and I stood up. I pushed my glasses up and turned around sharply, my hair smacking the boy in the face.

"Fine." I said and stood up. I grabbed my backpack and made my way out of the door, giving an apologetic look to the four boys I was working with.

It wasn't long after the door closed that someone ran after me. I looked and saw that it was Christian. I gave him a small smile and he did the same. "Get to class, you'll get in trouble." I told him.

"What you did was perfectly right. Don't think what you did was bad." He told me and I nodded. "Besides, I was told to escort you to the office." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Great. Not only did I get in trouble so quickly but I'm treated like a four year old." I said and he laughed. "Is James okay?" I askes him and he shook his head.

"When you left, he broke down and Timothy had to comfort him while Taylor defended your actions." He told me and I nodded as I ran a hand through my hair.