Chapter 29

Jordan's point of view

"And the next talk-show, 5 Seconds of Summer." The teacher called up and we all looked at each other. We stood up and I handed everyone in our group their cards that had the script. "You have five minutes." He said and we nodded.

"Okay um, music wise, get your phone and play one of their hit songs, maybe 'What I Like About You' since it's the last thing they put out as a single." I said and they nodded. Christian used the teacher's speakers to hook up to his phone and soon the song began playing.

"Go up to the door and let me introduce you." I said and they all nodded. "Timoth-Luke, wait, come here." He walked over and I put the fake lip ring on his bottom lip. "Done. Now, go." I said and he nodded.

He ran over and I went to the front of the class where five chairs were placed. I put up our posters and then turned around. I looked at the class and smiled as I adjusted my black blazer. "Good morning Mr. Kings class and welcome to Good Mornings with Jordan. Today, we have special guests, some of you may know them, some of you may not, but please give a round of applause for the pop-rock group, 5 Seconds of Summer."

They four boys walked over and took a seat, all waving at the class. "Boys, welcome." I said and shook hands with them all. They all greeted me and I looked down at my index cards. "So, judging by how hard it was to get you guys here, I would say you have a full schedule?"

"Yeah um, we have had a lot of song writing sessions and have a tour coming up." Taylor said. "However, it is an honor to be here, really, I remember four years ago I was working at KFC and even in my wildest dreams, I wouldn't have thought we'd be here on this talk show."

"How does it feel to be famous? For girls and guys to be screaming your name at shows or begging for your follows on social media? Buying all of your cd's and the band merchandise you put out?" I asked.

"It's quite strange actually, we were never very popular among the girls when we were younger." Timothy said. "It's shocking they even like us, we suck."

I laughed and he just smiled. "Since when did selling out tours and having your singles hit number one in various countries mean you suck?" I asked as I cocked my head to the side in fake confusion.

"Since he said it." James said and I shook my head as we all laughed.

"Now, you're latest single, 'What I Like About You' came out, care to explain how you feel about it? On the way here it had came on when I was listening to the radio." I told them.

"It's not our song, clearly, um it is by The Romantics, a band we love. However, we feel as if it captures the enerygy and vibe we want to give off. The upbeat, loud, um, energetic vibe of the song is what we want to make." Taylor said, reading the cards in his hand.
"And we just really, really love the song." Christian butt in and I nodded. "It's a great song, is it-is it not? I mean, it was in Shrek." He said and I laughed.

"Yes, it's an amazing song." I told him and looked up. "Well, that's all we have time for now, but please stay tuned for we have a little giveaway for those of you who were paying attention." I said and then we stood up as we transitioned into our commercial.

"God, I hate everything, I wish I could just go to sleep and never wake up again." James said as he ran a hand through his hair. Christian came up and handed him a Snickers candy bar.

"James, have a Snickers, you're not you when you're hungry." Christian said and James opened the candy bar. He took a bite and then smiled.

"Thank you." He said and the class clapped as they bowed. We laughed and Timothy handed me a bag. I looked in and saw the rubber bracelets with '5 Seconds of Summer' on them.