Chapter 15

Jordan's point of view

It was late at night and I couldn't sleep, no surprise there. I was too busy thinking. I don't think it's normal to stay up this late so many times. Something must be wrong with me, again, no surprise.

I sighed and grabbed the Ipad that I rarely use. The whole time I've been here, I used it once or twice, and it was only because I was putting music into it. I had downloaded all of my favorite albums and songs.

I put it on sleep mode after I played a song and then turned my head to my desk. Alex Gaskarth's voice rang through my room and I sighed. Whether it was in content or in frustration, I had no idea.

All I knew that that I felt so bad being here. I was bothering the boys and I could see it. Ashton was so done with me and Luke doesn't talk to me much anymore. Michael and Calum are the only ones who seem to care, even if it is just a bit.

I sat up and then turned the light on. I narrowed my eyes a bit as the light burned them, but soon I could keep them fully open so I could see.

I grabbed my glasses and slid them on. I looked around for my phone and then saw it was on my desk, right in front of my mirror. I grabbed it and then turned my light off.

I looked at my contacts and then bit my bottom lip. I was tempted to text Timothy to see if he was still awake but I decided against it. He'd find me annoying and I don't want to bother him. Besides, he could be asleep too. Along with the others, so I didn't even bother looking at the other contacts.

I sighed and put my phone in my pocket. I didn't need to bother anyone else. I didn't even mean to be a pest to the boys, I just thought they genuinely wanted me to be apart of the little family they had. However, I guess they didn't.

I had to pretend I wasn't upset at them when my friends came over. I had to pretend everything was okay and that every time Ashton touched me or spoke to me, I didn't want to rip his hand away or tell him to leave me alone. I had to bite my tongue to keep from telling them not to talk to me and not to bring up Ashton being my adopted father all the damn time.

I ran a hand through my hair and then I looked at my guitar case. I grabbed it and then made my way downstairs. I went straight to the backyard and then opened the siding door, slipping out of the house and into the cold, midnight yard.

I closed it behind me and then sat down beside the large pool. I sat cross-legged by the edge and set my guitar down beside me. I popped the case open and grabbed the old instrument, placing it on my lap.

I hummed as the cold wood hit my exposed thighs and I wrapped my arm around the large instrument, plucking at the strings. A thought occured to me and I pulled my phone out, setting it inside my guitar case. I didn't want to smash it by sitting on it.

I placed my fingers on the correct strings on the neck of the guitar and pressed down. I plucked the chords and hummed along to the only song I really knew how to play. It was an All Time Low song. It was called 'Therapy'.

As I neared the chorus of the song, humming along so I don't mess up, my phone rang. I stopped and looked at it, seeing Christian's contact light up my screen.

I picked it up and looked at the reflection of the moon in the water as I waited for his voice to pop up. Soon, I head his quiet, croaky voice. "Hey,"

"Chris, what's up?" I asked him as I set my guitar aside, wincing as I accidentally knocked it against the case. "Are you okay?" I asked him after he replied with a blunt nothing.

"Truthfully?" He asked and I told him to tell me and then he sighed. "No, not really... I'm sorry if I'm bothering you its just, I remember one day you told us you're usually up late at night and the guys would all be asleep. I can hang up if you want-"