Chapter 46

Jordan's point of view

I sat on my bed, my phone in my hands and my sketchbook to the side. I scrolled through my camera roll, looking for a picture to draw for art class. I soon found a picture of Chelsea and Michael together and I smiled.

I clicked the photo and then grabbed my sketchbook. I grabbed my lightest pencil and then began drawing it. I loved the photo. They looked so happy and so in love. I was hoping I could catch even the tiniest bit of that look in my drawing.

I sketched it out softly, erasing the parts I messed up on, and fixing them. The most I got done was their heads because I heard a knock on my door and it made me stop.

I set everything aside and then opened it. "T-Taylor, what are you doing here? You should be at school." I said as I saw my best friend. "You should be with Timothy and with the other couple."

"I got suspended-"

"For what?"

"For sticking up for you, which involved kicking a guys' ass." He told me and smiled. "Besides, our houses aren't that far apart, so I thought I'd stop by." He said. He wasn't wrong, I mean, our houses were the closest ones together.

"Why would you need to stick up for me? I mean, why would you want to? I practically ruined your friendship with Timothy and you knew him long before I did." I told him and he laughed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Turn that sad song about breakups off," he told me and I grabbed my phone. I turned it off and then looked at him. "You shouldn't be sad over him. He just doesn't understand. If he understood and allowed you to explain yourself, you'd still be together."

"Well he wants me out of his life now so that's not gonna happen any time soon." I said and he smiled sadly as he picked my bangs out of my face. "He hates me."

"He doesn't know the truth, just what he's choosing to see."

"You never answered my question, why would you stick up for me? You didn't even like me when we first met." I told he and he laughed. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because you're a fucking idiot." He said and I pouted. "You're my best friend too and I know you would never cheat on Timothy. You liked him way too much to cheat on him. I could see it. I know you wouldn't have kissed that guy. I also know I'm not dating you and that you didn't spread that rumor."

"How can you trust me so much?"

"Jordan, I know you. I'm quite observative when I'm not spitting sarcastic remarks. I know you wouldn't do anything to jeopardize your relationship with Timothy because you love him." He told me and he was right.

"Love is a strong word. I'm thirteen, I don't think it's love yet."

"But you know you don't just like him. You know damn well it is more than a simple 'like' or 'infactuation'." He told me and I nodded. He wasn't wrong but love? It couldn't be.

"We barely went on one date, I don't think so. I think it's just this really strong attraction."

"Love isn't measured by the amount of dates or time you've been together. It's what they do to you and for you. He was always there for you and he was literally the boyfriend every girl dreamed of. He was like those perfect guys in movies." He told me and I looked at him.

"Maybe you haven't realized it yet, or maybe your blind by something that's happened in the past, but you don't just 'like' Timothy." He told me and I sighed. "You get the same look in your eye when you're with Timothy that Chelsea got when she was with Michael."

"Is there a point to this Taylor?" I asked him and he laughed as he nodded. "Stop playing love doctor and cut to it." I told him.

"Point is that you love him and should go talk to his stupid ass. Explain what happened even if you have to yell it outside of his window. Don't just allow him to think wrongly of this situation." He told me and I sighed.