Best Friends 2

(quick update)

Rob's POV:

I was sitting with Nika in my lap as Peaches talked to Solange and her Mom in the kitchen. Solange's Little, Coi was happily enjoying the swing in the backyard, and I wanted Nika to play with her but didn't want to push it. Nika was still adjusting to the medication that Dr. Aiko gave her, and I could tell she was having a 'low' day coupled with Lauren reaching out, wasn't making her feel great. Nika pulled the fuzzy purple throw blanket that was in her lap up around her and cozied her face into it until I only saw her eyes and forehead. I rubbed Nika's back and spoke quietly.

"It's okay Baby. You want to get some food Nika? Or to go outside and get some sun?"

"No Daddy." Nika said quietly. "I'm so tired."

Nika closed her eyes and Peaches came over and gave me a kiss before sitting next to us. She rubbed Nika's cheek and spoke quietly.

"We made brownies Baby; you want some?"

Nika didn't reply or open her eyes and just gave Peaches a small head shake 'No'. Peaches leaned forward and kissed Nika on the lips before leaving us. I closed my eyes feeling tired as well and took a nap.

After an hour nap, I put Nika down and went to get some of the pizza that Solange ordered while Peaches got Nika up and took her outside. Outside, Coi went over to Nika and pulled her to the trampoline.

--

Nika's POV:

"Let's jump!" Coi said pulling me to the trampoline as Mommy went over to turn the water hose that was filling the plastic pool where Coi's new puppy was cooling off from the heat.

Mama loved Coi's puppy and had been begging Daddy and Mommy about reconsidering getting one for all of us ever since they came over. Daddy didn't want a new dog because when Mama's last two died of old age she took it hard.

Coi and I got over to the trampoline and I shook my head 'No'.

"Why not! Fun!" Coi said.

"It's nasty." I reply quietly.

Coi bit her lip and looked at me upset before shaking her head.

"You watch me."

Coi got on the trampoline and proceeded to jump up and down as I watched. The sun felt nice even though my body ached. I wanted to curl up in bed and just sleep. Coi finally finished jumping and ran over to the patio where she was using chalk. She sat and started to use and make pictures with the stencils. I just watched. Mama surprised me by coming over and sitting behind me taking some chalk and tracing my hand and hers before drawing some hearts and saying she was going to get me a snack. She left and Coi wrote her name and I did the unicorn stencil as Mama came back with a PopTart on a napkin.

"Here Bookie, I even warmed it up a little bit."

"That's Daddy's."

"Daddy won't miss it."

I shoot her a knowing glance as Mama kissed my cheek and left to check on the puppy. I didn't want the PopTart but Coi did, so I gave it to her. Coi yawned and looked ready for a nap and Aunty Solo came over to take her home. Mama dried off the puppy and carried him to the front while gushing over him. I went back inside and, in my room, I was lying on the bed looking at the few pictures I still had of Lauren and I before putting them in back in their hiding place and sending her a text back and taking a nap.

--

excuse all errors!

thoughts/comments??

more in a few hrs.

--