Twosies

(light trigger warning)

Nika's POV:

Sitting in my closet, I was having a mini breakdown. I was so sure of this but now I wasn't. At least my closet smelled like peppermint and sandalwood so I wasn't sneezing from latent dust bunnies that the downstairs linen closet was overrun with. Granted, the maid's skipped that closet in their cleaning rotation. I dried my eyes and tried to relax so I wouldn't work myself up since I wouldn't have anyone to comfort me back down, but it was too late. Mommy was gone, Mama at a business conference till late, and Daddy had court as always.

The warm trickle started down my thigh from under my pink skirt and onto the lacquered wood floor. I laid down and looked out through the slit in the door. I was laying on my sore side and my mental pain was numbing my whole body. I had driven Mommy to need a mental break due to bullshit I caused. I knew Rihmeek wasn't behind me when I agreed to be with them and now my drama was affecting them severely especially Mommy. I loved her so much and we had a great bond and now I was ruining it.

Skillfully gliding the small silver piece over my skin I wanted to pull blood again but didn't. Once was enough and my mind was telling me to stop. I dropped the metal shard and closed my eyes tight feeling sick at what I did. I lay in the closet for a long time watching the sun go down before my bedroom door opened and Daddy called out for me before opening the closet. I curled up in a ball of shame, but Daddy quickly helped me to my feet and picked me into a hug. In my bathroom, she was quiet as she turned on the tub and helped me get dressed and into it. She washed my body quickly before drying me off and putting new bandages on my side and now my thigh. Dressed in a fresh shirt and sweatpants, I was clean but felt like shit.

Daddy wrapped my fuzzy blanket around me before cleaning up my closet floor of the small pool of blood. She came back over after washing her hands and grabbed my purse, tablet, phone and jewelry box and put them in a pink duffle bag. She grabbed a few of my favorite stuffies and put them in before putting a few outfits and underwear in it. She put on my socks and sneakers and a black hoodie. She took my hand and we left the house and got into her truck. In the backseat, I tried not to cry because I knew this was coming. We drove for a long time before stopping at a house surrounded by a bunch of trees. Shadow pulled up beside up and opened my door. I was waiting for him to snatch me out and for Daddy to peel off but she instead yelled at him for opening the door told him to close it. He did and went over to her to get direction about what she wanted. He took our bags in the house as she helped me out and walked us in. Inside, the house was like a modern museum in how clean and organized it was.

Daddy's heels clicking on the floor was the only noise and the up lighting in the floor was so soft I could only make out but so much in the hall and the few rooms we past. Upstairs and around the corner, Daddy opened the door to a room. Inside gave me a mental hospital vibe and I started freaking out. I begged and cried to not be committed and left and that I'd just leave them and get an analment. Daddy wrapped me up in her arms and pinned me to the wall and spoke calmly.

"Nika, Baby. Stop. This isn't a hospital."

"Liar!"

I started screaming as Shadow came in and pushed us apart and pushed me on the floor. Daddy screamed at him to stop and get out but he jabbed me in my thigh with a needle. His body weight on me was making me woozy and I was quickly going out of it as Daddy screamed and hit Shadow telling him that he overstepped and that I didn't need the shot as I wasn't hurting her.

Waking up later, I was curled up in my bed latched on to Mommy. I thought I was dreaming but I wasn't. She was here in bed with me sleeping. She looked so pretty, I carefully traced her face for fear I really was dreaming before carefully pulling away. My body was weak getting up but I walked out of the room. I was barely down the hall when Mommy spoke from behind me.