Snow 1

(Quick update, more later if you guys want.)

Nika's POV:

I was so tired after the plane rides to ski country Oregon. It was supposed to be a straight flight but we got delayed due to weather so a two hour and thirty minute ride became a six hour ordeal. I hated airports and really hated them during peak times, it reminded me of sardines in a tin. Luckily, Mommy was able to find us a private quiet spot and I was able to get a sensory break. In the truck, driving to our destination, I was so love with the snow covered pine trees and hills and the snow that was picking up as we got closer to the winter vacation house.

Peaking out the back window, I saw Aunty Mel following us with all the other family. Mimi Tina, Grandpa, Mama Mo and Nana Holly. I was sitting in Mama's lap since Mommy was sleeping. Mama had a low cut top on under her red puffer jacket. Mama pulled a pacifier from between them and put it in my mouth. I frown for a moment but Mama tickled me making me grin for the first time in weeks.

"You little boobie monster, I've brought you more than enough pacifiers to make you happy."

I nod put my head on her shoulder and looking out the window. Soon we were at the house and went inside. Inside, we all went into our rooms. Mommy, Daddy, and Mama got basement that had the most space and two big beds along with it's own kitchen, fireplace, and giant TV nook. Mama and Daddy pushed the beds together and we put our things away. Grandpa came in saying that it was going to be a snow storm tonight and that we had good timing coming up. He left and Mama went up to make sure all the food was delivered and start dinner, Mommy went up to get a drink, leaving me and Daddy. She sat on the couch with me on her lap raking her nails up my spine.

"Doll, you've been so quiet these last two weeks. I've been so busy with work I haven't really noticed but Mommy says you hardly leave our room unless you need something or when I come home. Dr. Aiko gave you something new to try but we think it's making it worse so we're going to cut back on it, okay?"

I nod and blinked hard. I was mentally tired. Daddy pulled me into her for a hug and kissed my cheek. Truly, since my birthday, I haven't been myself. I was really really hurt by Coi sending me the knife and it strangely made me want to hurt myself. It was a weird mind fuck and Dr. Aiko told me that it was 'triggering' to me. Plus seeing Mommy and everyone upset over the prospect of Aunty Solo marrying Coi and constantly hearing them talk about the two of them made me feel guilty. Plus, Mama got a cold and passed it around the house but I caught the worst of it and still had sore ribs from coughing my head off for days and still had a intermediate cough.

It felt like I blinked when I woke up snuggled into my lion on the couch. I didn't even realize I fell asleep. I sat up and saw Aunty Mel and Daddy watching TV. I got up to use the bathroom. I took a shower and dried off as Mommy came in. She helped me get dried off and lotioned up and changed. She put me in a red thermal night shirt dress and socks. She walked me up to the upstairs kitchen and Mama took a cup of soup from the microwave and grabbed some crackers.

I ate quietly at the table with Mama while Mommy refilled everyone's drinks as they watched a movie in the dining room. Mama rubbed my thigh and felt the healing new cut mark that Mommy thankfully, missed earlier. Mama slipped my night gown up a little to look at it and before getting up and getting her purse. She put antibiotic on it and a pink band-aid. Feelings of guilt washed over me. It was a low point a day ago, I overheard something I shouldn't have and it made me physically sick and in the bathroom, I found a sharp of edge a broken tile. I cried immediately after knowing that I fucked up but that rush of relief just made me feel better. Hearing your father was potentially on his death bed, just mentally maxed my brain out.

I told Mama this and begged her not to mention it to Mommy and Daddy as I didn't want to worry them. Mama sighed and hugged me as the front door opened. I glanced back and saw snow blowing in the house before Coi and Solange stepped in.

--

excuse all errors!

thoughts/comments?

(don't worry it won't be a sad next chptr, I know this one was a little heavy.)

--