Dis/Engage

Robyn's POV:

I had a weird feeling about tonight. I was happy for Solange, Tems, and their Little Victoria, but I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. I kept my weariness to myself to not alarm Peaches or Suga. Suga clung to Peaches as soon as we stepped in and I knew it bothered her a little bit seeing Tems in a wedding style dress. Apparently, Tems wore something similar at their engagement party and it made Suga feel admittedly sad.

Nika was content with sitting with me since she was feeling 'extra' Little since my announcement of us potentially moving. Truly, I was 75 percent sure we weren't going to move if I took that new job but I was really weighting my options because the opportunity was amazing. But, I was feeling bad telling Nika without really thinking on it and having Suga and Peaches sit on it because I knew feeling unstable was bothering Nika a lot.

Tina came over with a smile and hugged me and then Nika who was tucked under my arm.

"Hey Pooh, I missed you so much. Mimi is going to have a sleep over soon for you and Victoria. Wouldn't that be fun?"

Nika nodded and Mama Tina kissed her forehead.

"This is a nice party Mama Tina, you guys did a nice job."

"Oh Robyn, we just paid, Tems sister Arya, did everything."

"I didn't know she had a sister."

"Half sister, but sister none the less. She's there in the purple dress."

Tina pointed to a woman who looked just like Tems in a cute short purple dress. Tina got called away and Arya came over to Nika and I.

            "Hi, I'm Arya, you must be Robyn and Nicki?"

"Yes, and double Yes." I reply with a smile.

"Can't speak?" Arya said looking at Nika with a small frown.

"Hi." Nika said quietly.

I grit my teeth not wanting to make a scene and started to walk Nika and I away.

"Wait, I have a question, You're Megan's wife, right?"

"Yes."

"How are you her wife and she's married to Beyonce?"

"New poly-marriage laws." I say trying not to roll my eyes at the dumb question.

"Hmm...Figured, One girl could never keep Megan satisfied."

"That's lucky that's she's our wife then huh? She's gets all the love one person couldn't muster up for her."

Arya frowned that her jab didn't get to me and walked over. Nika tapped my hand and spoke quietly.

"She's a bitch."