A Talk

I turned so fast, I almost got whiplash but someone touching my ass was a one way ticket to a hospital bed. I was face to face with the past and my gun was itching in my waistband holder.

"You still can dress your ass off, even on casual days, my lil' fly ass bitch."

"Rakim, you're about to get shot."

"I didn't mean no disrespect Rih, I just saw you and wanted to speak."

"You've spoken, now go."

"No, I'm not done. What are you up too? Haven't seen you at any fashion shows in like two years, we miss you on the scene. I've got a new collection, I'll send some pieces to the courthouse."

"I've been too busy for front row seats but the Fall season looked promising so maybe you'll see me."

"Cool! Even seeing you now is inspiring. A red collection."

"Uh-huh." I reply rolling my eyes.

"You got a kid or something back there?" Rakim asked looking into the backseat.

Nika was still teary eyed with her pacifier, which she quickly ripped out as Rakim popped his head in. She looked at him, scared and he smiled.

"Damn Rih, you finally got your 'Little', that's dope. Hey cutie."

"Now isn't a good time for a meeting Rakim."

I pushed Rakim out of the truck door and he nodded putting his hands up.

"My bad, I didn't mean to make her uncomfortable. I know Bey is happy, she always talked about you guys settling down and getting your own 'Little' and being a perfect poly."

"Yeah, it's been great. I hate to cut this short, but I have to get back home."

"No problem, it was good to see you Rih and we'll link up soon."

"Yup, but first." I reply before punching Rakim in his shoulder, hard. "That's for greeting me like you lost your mind."

"Ow! I get it, I'm sorry Judge Fenty." Rakim winced.

"That's right, respect me."

"Same ol' Rih. See you around."

Rakim gave me a 'peace sign' and left. I sigh feeling a little relieved it wasn't some drama. I turn my attention back to my Baby that had been holding my hand the whole time inside the truck. Leaning back into the truck, we hugged and I closed the door. Starting to drive back, Nika curled up in her blanket and went to sleep.

At home, Tina's car was in the drive up and I sighed. I really wanted to talk to Peaches and Suga as soon as we got in to get it over with. Nika went to her playhouse to finish her nap and I went inside. Inside, Tina was in the kitchen cooking.

"Hey Honey, How was your outing?"

"It was okay. Where are Meg and Bey?"

"Last I checked, they took 4oe outside. But you might want to check because they've been gone for a while."

I close my eyes for a moment as a thought came to mind. I turned seeing Nika and Peaches running towards the patio. Nika got to the patio first and got inside. She quickly tossed off her shoes before running off to her room. Peaches finally got in and I shook my head.

"It's not what you think Rob!"

"Then what was it?"

"I had been in there cleaning and just checking to make sure nothing got in there."

"And?"

"And Suga came in with 4oe."

"And?"

"And nothing, we were sitting there talking and Nika literally walked in as Suga kissed me before we were getting ready to get up."

Suga came in and put 4oe in his crate before coming over to us. I gave her a look and Tina said she was going to check on Nika. I waited until she was out of sight and spoke quietly.

"Tell me that you didn't intend on fucking Peaches in the tiny house, Suga."

"I wasn't Rob, but it's not fair that if I wanted too, I couldn't."

"Explain Suga."

"I don't get why we can't have sex where we want. If I'm turned on why can't we just have sex where it happens? It's stifling, I like being able to take Peaches down where we are. Who has time to keep going to the bedroom?"

"You can have sex wherever, the problem is that you're having sex in Nika's spaces. Nika doesn't like it."

"She's never said she didn't."

"Suga, she doesn't have too, its common courtesy, we have infinite rooms in this house to have your fun. You two choosing to violate her spaces over and over isn't fair. You're pulling a power play aren't you Suga?"

"No! It's not that, it's just, I shouldn't be inhibited to certain spaces. It makes me feel cagey and you know that's one of my triggers."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes trying to rationalize what Suga just said to me. Upon opening my eyes, Tina was coming back downstairs so I needed to put a pin in this.

"We'll talk later, alone Megan."

Tina came over and using both hands slapped Peaches and Suga on their asses at the same time. The noise reminded me of something sexual and I had to grab myself.

"That's for my Pooh. Honestly, get it together, don't create another abusive situation for her."

"Abusive? We aren't abusive Mom!" Peaches said frowning.

"Emotionally you are by not respecting her space and her feelings. Get it together Ladies, I will not have you lose my Pooh over some dumb shit! Now, Megan and I are going to finish dinner, Robyn's going to check on Nika and Beyonce, go set the table and get the drinks."

Everyone nodded and went their ways and I went up to check on Nika. In Nika's room, she was lying on her bed holding her pillow looking out of the window. I joined her in bed and spoke quietly.

"I'm buying you door locks and only we'll have the keys."

"I...think an apartment might be a better idea."

--

excuse all errors!

thoughts/comments??

---