Christmas

Nika's POV:

'It's Christmas! Yay!' Mama screamed running up the stairs.

I had been up since 5 listening to Daddy and Aunty Mel move about putting out gifts and such. Mommy even got up to help at one point. I felt bad because I knew what happened with Coi and I just wasn't in the mood for the day but I knew I couldn't lie in bed all day and I didn't want to drag the mood down.

I was really tired brushing my teeth and going to the bathroom. Mommy helped me into my matching Christmas one piece footies that they all had and we went up to breakfast. Everyone was excitedly chatting and even Aunt Solo joined us looking better. I was happy everyone was seemingly ignoring me and eating because I wasn't in the mood to talk.

Sitting by the tree, Daddy in her sense of order handed everyone their gifts before we watched each person open theirs. I was curled up under Aunty Mel since Mommy was doing a lot of walking around and dozed off before Mama's screaming woke me up in a panic. Looking around frantically, I finally saw her holding a dog. I sighed and quickly got up and went back down to the basement. I was calming down when Mommy came in.

"Hey Nika, Are you okay?"

"I'm tired."

"You look it, come here."

Mommy pulled me over to the chaise by the fireplace and we laid down. She rubbed my back and relaxed me before giving me a little reassurance. She promised we could have nursing time after gifts and I went with her back to the living room. Everyone finished gifts and it got to me. I bit my cheek and got through it with a smile and thanked everyone before Mama's new dog '4oe' ran over. I tried not to brace up but I wasn't really a dog person. 4oe sniffled me before going back to Mama. Aunty Mel started the movie and everyone started to grab coca and popcorn. Mommy took my hand and lead me back to the basement much to my relief. We climbed back in the chaise and she undid the top of her one piece and turned on the TV. She kissed the top my head and covered us with a fuzzy blanket and eventually I went to sleep.

--

Peaches POV:

Nika was barely asleep ten minutes before Rob came down. She sat at the end of the chaise and smiled.

"Snuck away huh?"

"Yes, she was getting overwhelmed. I'm glad she got through the gift exchange so the parents wouldn't say anything."

"Me too. Think we should get her a pet?"

"Hard pass, she looked like she wanted to run when 4oe came over to her. My Baby just needs to have her stressors removed and to be with her 'Mommy'."

"Yes, Coi is done, I think I've got the family stressor under control, now it's just her gaining trust that her whole world won't crumble at the drop of a hat."

"Yup, I think she'll enjoy seeing Normani and Ariana more."

"Kelly asked if they could video call and talk to her later so she'll probably like that."

"Good."

The basement door opened and Suga came down with 4oe who was in a Christmas hat. She smiled walking over and spoke.

"Look! I got him to wear his hat."

"That's cute, Suga, just know that I will not be on dog poop duty and luckily, Mel had him trained for us. I got the paper work done to so he's classified as a service dog, you can take him anywhere and he had a special harness."