chapter 2

I was devastated, angry and sad; the thought of how I will take care of my brother and myself played through my mind. I had never worked before, and I am still 16 years old.

We have only Aunty Benita, but I didn’t think she is capable of taking care of us.

She works as a shop keeper at hallmark; she is a single mom, and has 5 kids already to feed.

I went to the police everyday to check how far the investigation was going, right until they stopped me from coming.

My younger brother got some injury on his body as a result of the fall, but he is being treated currently. All payment were made by Aunty Benita, though I didn’t know how she got the money.

Since my parents death I have been staying with Aunty Benita, and that is because the warfare people said I needed to stay under an adult's care.

Two weeks later I went back home and noticed that my house had been robbed and the only thing that went missing was my mom’s laptop.

It was then that the police decided to look into my family’s death.
Our neighbor, Mr. Monday told the police that 3 men drove to our house the very day that my parent had the accident.

They were just like the men I told them killed my parents. They rechecked the street cctv camera, and forwarded it to that day and the time my parents and brother passed on.

Every other thing remained except the incidents that happened on that road at the time of the ambush. My street has only one CCTV but it was blacked out right before the robbery.

Mr. Monday’s son, Mr. Benjamin, rushed into their house and brought out a video recording of his father's life that day.

Actually Mr. Monday is a 70 year old man, he was diagnosed with Amnesia 7 years ago; as a result of that his children planted a video recorder on him to know what happens with him everyday.

The video was played and the robbers pictures were scanned on the computer to identify who they are;   there was no relevant and detailed information about them in the police database, so the police concluded that they were fugitives.

Their details weren’t in the database. The immigration office, and the airport were contacted, and their details were forwarded to the office.

They were told to avoid issuing them tickets off the country or state. There faces were put on TV so that the citizens can help find them.

Few hours later the police station got a call from a local motel informing them that three guys like that checked into their motel two night ago, at exactly 10:25pm.

  He said that they were supposed to check out yesterday but no one has heard from then nor seen them. The police drove to the location of the motel as directed by the receptionist; on arrival, Mr. Ambrose rushed out and took them to the men’s rooms.

There they were found lying lifeless on their beds; they choked on cocaine. The motel was sealed off, samples and evidence were collected from the room for investigation.

Another fingerprint was registered on one of the robbers body; Mr. Ambrose claimed no one had visited the rooms, and they didn’t enter with anyone.

The print was ran on police database, and it was verified to be Sandra's; a bar attendant from METAL CLUB where the guy’s visited.

The police immediately hurried to Metal Club in search of miss Sandra; on getting there she was no where to be found. Her colleagues said that she didn't come to work that day; according to them that was the first.

"Sandra is a workaholic" her bff said.

Her apartment was raided by the police, she still wasn’t there. Her room mate said she left home two nights ago after receiving a call from an unknown caller.

“After answering the call she ran outside crying, her room mate narrated.

“What of her family”, detective Peterson asked

“she doesn’t have one, she was raised at the orphanage”, she says

“what orphanage in particular” Peterson asked

“HOPE is the name”

While they were about going out, Tessa called them back and told them that right before Sandra left that day, she asked her what was wrong and why she was crying, and she said that her mother is sick, and want to see her.

I asked her who announced the news to her, and she said "they" Tessa said

“who are they, and who is her mother”. You just told us that she has no family; detective bright asked

“ I don’t know who ‘They’ is”

“Her mom is the reverend sister that took care of her, she narrated.

The police went straight to the orphanage, and it turns out to be that the reverend sister wasn’t with Sandra, and she was never sick.

Sandra’s wasn’t found and her body too wasn’t found. The CCTV was checked, but nothing was seen concerning her.

At a point the police believed she has been murdered too, but the question is

“Where is her body” and who are these murderers.

The nearest police districts were contacted incase if her body was or is found, but up till this day nothing has been said concerning sandra. Every lead to the case was hidden, and so the police chief requested that the case be dropped so that other cases can be handled.

He said that there are more pressing matters in the station than my parents murder case; it annoyed me so much, but then I couldn't fight them to get there senses to return back. I have my brother to protect and so me causing problems wasn't going to do us any good at all. I tried solving the case all by myself, but then there was a limit as to what a 16 years old broke girl with a 4 years old brother could do.

I packed up dad’s restaurant equipment into the house, sold the ones that couldn't enter the house, and moved to Chicago with my little brother who had recovered. Aunty didn't buy the idea at first, but then in no time I was able to convince her to let me go stay with my father's sister in chicago, although I had other plans.

The death of my parents and brother took a lot away from my body; I couldn’t cry, and I couldn’t smile.

I felt like it was my fault that they died.

“If I hadn’t made them to stop, just maybe we would have all been laughing together now”.

I felt like I gave the Assassin’s the opportunity to make away with my parents life; that period turned out to be the most painful moment of my frustrated life.